7th June 2017, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Can I become a Commando at an age of 18 years?

Sir, I am 12th passed student. My age is 18. My height is 5.11 feet my weight is 77 kg. Can I join Commando. Please answer me on email, my email is [email protected]. Please Sir.

7th June 2017, 11:24 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become a Commando at an age of 18 years?

The candidate must have passed 10th standard or and equivalent examination and there is no relaxation for the other caste people all have the same common rules.

Age limit:-

You should not cross the maximum age limit of 23 years and have the minimum age limit for 18 years.

You must be an Indian citizen.

Your height should be a minimum of 157 CM.

Your eyesight should be normal and no defects i.e. 6/6.

To get into Indian Army, you have to write either of these two exam :

NDA for Plus two passed candidates.

CDS for graduate candidates.
8th June 2017, 12:38 AM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a Commando, you should have completed your 12th standard in any stream with minimum 50% marks from a recognized board. Your age should be in between 17.5 years to 23 years and you must hold Indian citizenship. Your height should be minimum 157 cms and weight should be in proportion to height. You must have good eyesight of 6/6. Therefore, if you fulfill the above eligibility criteria then you can join Commando.
8th June 2017, 01:56 AM
AhanaIrshad

Yes you can join the Indian Army after you have completed your 10+2. The physical and mental fitness is basically required in this field. The initial stage will be of experience and gaining knowledge, to become a commando you will need experience and excellence in you professional abilities. If you do hard work for this position then surely you will be having chance to get opportunity in this field. You have to work for the country in the Boarders., live without your family and parents and You should be ready for any emergency services and calls. Entering to Indian Military Academy You will be having chance to get good respect in the society and You will be having chance to receive plenty of benefits offered by Government Of India.
8th June 2017, 01:33 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

To become a commando you need to appear for the NDA exam after passing it your training will start under National Defense Academy if you successfully complete your training then you will be given the post of lieutenant in Indian Army then after few years of experience you can become commando (elite force of Indian Army). The age of the candidate should be in between 18 to 23 years. The eyesight should be 6/6 and the height should be 157 cm.
8th June 2017, 02:18 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a Commando you are required to follow the below mentioned eligibility criteria.

>> To join Commando force, you can appear in NDA (National Defence Academy) Examination after successful completion of 12th Class.

>> The minimum qualification required for appearing in NDA/ NA is 12th Class in 10+2 pattern

>> To become a Commando or Para Commando, you are required to join Indian Army first through NDA/ NA.

>> As far as my best knowledge is concerned, weight of the candidate must not exceed 55 kg and minimum height must be 157 cms. As per your weight, you are not eligible for the post of Commando.
8th June 2017, 02:56 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes you can become a Commando but after qualifying NDA (National Defence Academy) examination.
After qualifying NDA exam you have to join Indian Army first as a soldier or as a officer.
Then you will be given educational and physical training and after qualifying in it you can become Para Commando.

Eligibility:
>A candidate must be an Indian citizen.
>A candidate must have completed 10+2 or its equivalent with at least 50% marks from a recognized board.
>Candidate age should be within 18 years to 23 years.
>Candidate should be physically and mentally fit.
>Eye sight of the candidate should be normal (6/6 in both eyes).
>Candidate height must be at least 157 cm.
9th June 2017, 02:09 AM
raziaexpert
Banned

Yes, you can become a commando at the age of 18 provided you should fulfill the below mentioned eligibility criteria;

1. Your eyesight should be 6/6.

2. Your minimum height should be 157cms and minimum weight should not be below 60kgs.

3. Your age should not exceed 23(which you have not exceeded yet).

4. You should have completed a minimum of 12th standard from a recognized board.

You will further on have to appear for mathematics, reasoning and aptitude test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?