7th June 2017, 04:52 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to do marine engineering after 12th

Sir, I want to do marine engineering after 12th. l am from science stream, but I don’t have any info about it. Please tell me about the ways & related expenses to it

Related Questions:
  1. After scoring 67% in 12th am I eligible to do Marine Engineering? Fee structure of this course?
  2. Am I able to do Marine Engineering after 12th with 65%?
  3. Procedure to do marine engineering after 12th -- [New]
  4. Will I be able to join marine engineering with 65% in 12th? What is the fee structure?
  5. Complete details about Marine engineering course
  6. How to apply for marine engineering course after completing 12th? I have qualified for JEE mains
  7. Admission procedure of Marine Engineering after class 12th?
  8. Am I eligible for Marine Engineering in TS Chanakya after scoring 65% in 12th?
  9. Procedure to join Merchant Navy after marine engineering? I am a 12th class pass student with PCM
  10. How to join Marine engineering course after studying 12th? How to get scholarships to attend marine engineering?
  11. Can I apply for marine engineering after completing my 12th? I am interested in marine engineering
  12. Detailed procedure to get admission to study Master's in Marine Engineering in Abroad for B.E. student?
  13. What is the procedure to pursue Marine Engineering after completion of Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Eligibility to get admission in Marine Engineering after scoring 60% marks in 10th but average marks in 12th?
  15. Procedure and percentage required in 12th to get admission in B.Tech(Marine Engineering)? Total fee expenses including Hostel charges to study in Mumbai and Chennai?
  16. What is the procedure followed to get admission in marine engineering in abroad after completion of 12th standard?
  17. Is there any entrance exam which I can give to join marine engineering after completion of 12th standard?
  18. What to do after passing 12th in the field of marine engineering

7th June 2017, 09:54 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to do marine engineering after 12th

First thing I would like to let you know that to pursue any engineering degree course you need to completed your Class 12th with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

Further to pursue the same course from CFTIs like IIT, NIT, etc, other government engineering colleges and private colleges you need to qualify engineering entrance examinations like JEE, State EEE, BITSAT, VITEEE. SRMEEE, etc. .

As far as you are concerned about the cost of pursuing marine engineering then it is one of the costly course whose average cost per year ranges from 1.5 lacs to 2.5 lacs.

7th June 2017, 10:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to do Marine Engineering course, you should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination with PCM stream from a recognised board. Admissions in Marine Engineering course are done through National or State or University level engineering entrance examination, you need to qualify the entrance examination and participate in counselling process to get admission for pursuing Marine Engineering course.

8th June 2017, 01:10 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue for any of the Engineering courses, you must have to complete your class 12th examination from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it.
After completing class 12th examination, candidates must have to appear in the entrance examination conducted by the respective State council or National council, qualifying in which you can apply in different Colleges which is offering Marine Engineering course. If you score merit marks in your examination and if you fulfil the requirement of the said college, then you can get admission there to study the above mentioned course.

8th June 2017, 04:42 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Eligibility criteria for Marin Engineering:
1) A candidate must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent with a minimum 60% marks with physics, chemistry and mathematics from a recognized board.
2) Candidate must be physically and mentally fit.
3) The eye sight of the candidate must be in between +2.5 and - 2.5.
4) The candidate age should not be more than 20 years.
Candidates are required to appear for IIT JEE entrance examination.
Admission will be provided strictly on the merit basis of entrance examination.

8th June 2017, 01:05 PM
AhanaIrshad

Yes you are eligible to pursue Marine Engineering as you belong to science background. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics are the main subjects to opt for marine engineering studies. After completing your 10+2 with minimum 50% of pass marks you have to prepare for the entrance exams for central or state board. It is a 4 year program spread over eight semesters.The range of average tuition fee for this course is above 6 lakhs and it's paid in every semester and the course fees may vary from institution to institution. After you complete you entrance exams with merit marks you can apply in different colleges and institutions to get admission. The selection process differs from institute to institute. Mostly, it is in the form of entrance test that you have completed in.

8th June 2017, 02:31 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to do Marine Engineering after completion of 12th Class:

In order pursue Marine Engineering course, you are required to appear in Entrance Examination's and get the merit score in order to get seat in top colleges.

You can appear in Joint Entrance Examination (JEE), Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test (IMU CET) and MERI (Marine Engineering and Research Institute) ..etc., entrance examination.

The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing Marine Engineering course is 12th Class with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English subjects with 60% marks from a recognized board or university.

Some of the colleges offer this course are,

* Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/

* Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
https://www.iitm.ac.in/

* NIT Karnataka
http://www.nitk.ac.in/

* Marine Engineering and Research Institute, Kolkata ...etc.,
http://www.merical.ac.in/

9th June 2017, 12:04 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

If you have completed your intermediate in PCM from a recognized board then you can give JEE exam to get admission in Marine engineering course. It depends on your rank and marks that in which stream you will get admission. Fees structure may vary from vary institutes. It can be in between 5 to 10 lakhs. Thanks

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?