22nd June 2016, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Can a 12th passed student with 70% marks from BSEB apply for JEE Main?

Hello sir,
I have got 7.2 CGPA in 10th from CBSE board and 12th from BSEB. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main after passing 12th from BSEB with 70 percent?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for JEE Main and Advanced if secured 79% in 12th from BSEB and belongs to ST category and 60% disabaled? -- [New]
  2. Can I get admission next year with this year JEE Main scorecard after completing 12th BSEB?
  3. Can I apply for JEE Main and Advanced if scored 329 marks in 12th BSEB?
  4. Can I appear in JEE Advanced if secured 62% in 12th BSEB and scored 121 marks in JEE Main?
  5. Can I apply for JEE Advanced after completion of JEE Main if scored 62% marks in 12th?
  6. Expected All India Rank for a General candidate who has scored 109 marks in JEE Main and 369 marks in 12th BSEB?
  7. Detailed information and eligibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th BSEB candidate?
  8. Can I study B.Tech if secured 76.6% in 12th BSEB and scored 112 marks in JEE Main being a PD candidate?
  9. How to apply for JEE Main after 12th? What are the question asked in JEE Main?
  10. Minimum marks required in 12th BSEB and JEE Main to study in NIT?
  11. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in NIT, Jamshedpur for a candidate who has secured 69% in 12th BSEB?
  12. Can I apply for JEE Advanced after completion of JEE Main if, scored 62% marks in 12th?
  13. Can I apply for JEE Advanced after completion of JEE Main if, scored 62% marks in 12th?
  14. Can I get admission in NIT with 62% in 12th BSEB and 110 marks in JEE Main?
  15. Can I get admission to study in West Bengal if secured 92000 rank in JEE Main and 62% in 12th BSEB?
  16. Reservation quota in JEE Main and Advanced for SC candidate who has scored 73.8% in 12th BSEB?
  17. Chances to get seat in 4th round of counselling for a candidate who has secured 70.20% in 12th BSEB and scored 117 marks in JEE Main?
  18. Can I get admission in NIT if scored 79 marks in JEE Main and secured 78.6% in 12th BSEB?
23rd June 2016, 02:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a 12th passed student with 70% marks from BSEB apply for JEE Main?

Eligibility criteria for Joint Entrance Examination Main is:

* Candidate must have passed 10+2 from any recognized board. Compulsory subjects in 10+2 must include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

*The minimum percentage of marks required to appear for JEE Main examination is 50%. For SC/ST candidates, it is 5% less.

You can apply for JEE Main examination after having 70% marks in board exams from BSEB.
23rd June 2016, 03:52 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can a 12th passed student with 70% marks from BSEB apply for JEE Main?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir,
I have got 7.2 CGPA in 10th from CBSE board and 12th from BSEB. Am I eligible to apply for JEE Main after passing 12th from BSEB with 70 percent?

Yes, you can appear for JEE Main Examination after 12th with 70% marks from BSEB.
The eligibility to appear for JEE Main is the candidates who passed 12th Examination in 2014 & 2015 or those who are appearing for 12th examination. The number of attempts in JEE Mains is 3 times.
The Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is conducted for the purpose of taking admission to the undergraduate engineering programs in NITs, IITs and other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions. So if you want to study the engineering after 12th in those institutions then you can appear for JEE Main. The aspirant can find the details in the Official Website
23rd June 2016, 05:03 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Minimum eligibility criteria to appear in JEE :

Candidate must have Indian citizenship. Candidate must have passed class XII with physics, chemistry and mathematics with minimum of 50% marks and 49% for reserved categories from recognised board. Minimum age should not be less than 17.
23rd June 2016, 07:35 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to appear for JEE(Main) examination with the marks you have scored under BSEB board.

The minimum eligibility requirement in order for any candidate to be eligible to appear for the above mentioned examination is that he/she should have cleared 12th standard from a recognized board scoring a minimum of 50% in aggregate and should have studied PCM at their +2 level.
23rd June 2016, 08:53 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, surely you can apply for JEE Main with the marks you have got. Just make sure that you have studied PCM stream if you are looking for engineering courses.
Admission will be based on the performance in entrance exam and class 12th marks. Merit only can help you get admission in a top college.
23rd June 2016, 09:07 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The eligibility criteria for Joint Entrance Examination Main is:

1. You must have passed or appearing for board exams of 10+2. For engineering courses, PCM stream in 10+2 is compulsory.

2. Second most important criteria for this exam is that, you need to have minimum of 50% marks in board exam.

You are eligible to apply for JEE Main with 70% marks in BSEB.
23rd June 2016, 11:50 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

If you have passed higher secondary education from BSEB board also you are eligible to write JEE Mains. There is no restriction of board. You are eligible to write entrance exam after passing from any board.
23rd June 2016, 11:51 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria to appear in JEE main :

* The candidate must have passed the 12th class with an aggregate of 50% with compulsory subjects like Physics, Chemistry and mathematics.

* The candidate must have appeared class 12th in the year 2013 are after.

* only three attempts are allowed to write JEE main Exam to Every applicant.

So you are eligible to appear in the JEE main entrance examination.
23rd June 2016, 11:53 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for JEE Main examination after completion of your 12th standard with an aggregate of 70% marks from BSEB Board. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. So, if you have passed your 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board, you are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination.
24th June 2016, 12:27 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for JEE Main Examination with 70% marks in 12th Class. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible is given below.

>> You must have completed 12th Class from a recognized university.

>> You must have completed 12th Class with Physics and Mathematics subjects.

>> You must have pursued minimum one out of the below mentioned optional subjects.
* Biology
* Computer Science
* Biotechnology
* Chemistry

>> The minimum percentage required to be eligible for appearing in JEE Main is 50% marks. As you have scored more than what actually is required, I am very sure that you are certainly eligible to apply.
24th June 2016, 01:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir,
Yes, you can apply for JEE Main exam.

Those who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for JEE Main exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. You can apply consecutively for 3 years.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
24th June 2016, 06:25 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to say you that definitely you are eligible to apply for JEE Main after scoring 70% of marks in class 12th as the eligibility criteria to apply for JEE Main is that candidates must have scored a minimum of 50% of marks in class 12th or equivalent in all compulsory subjects.
24th June 2016, 10:17 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is an engineering entrance examination held for admission in undergraduate technical course in Centrally Funded Government technical institutes such as IIT, NIT, IIIT, ISM, etc. .

JEE is held by CBSE and it comprises of two stages which includes JEE Main and JEE Advanced respectively.

--> For appearing JEE Main, the minimum qualifications which you require for must are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality with your age lying under 25 years as on 1st October of that year in which you will seek admission in the first year of your degree course. Relaxation of 5 years is applicable for reserved category candidates.

* You must have completed your Class 12th or must be in the final year of same with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects with a minimum of 60% aggregate ( in case of reserved category the qualification marks be at least 50% ) in these three subjects from a recognized board.

So having completed your Class 12th with 70% aggregate from BSEB which is a recognized state board of education you are eligible for appearing in the same examination if your stream of academics includes PCM group and you have managed the aggregate mentioned in eligibility criteria.

For more detailed information regarding the same examination, you can log on to the official link of JEE i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
25th June 2016, 12:27 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

JEE Main is the first stage of Joint Entrance Examination conducted by CBSE for undergraduates courses in engineering. The next stage after JEE Main is JEE Advanced. For JEE Main exam, you must meet given below criteria:

>>Those who have passed 10+2 from any recognized board of India with minimum of 50% marks can apply for this exam.

>>Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics must be compulsory subjects in board exam to apply for this exam.

Yes, why not, with 70% marks in board exam of Bihar State Board, you can apply for JEE Main examination and notification for it will be released in last month of 2016.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?