24th August 2014, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

Can I do B.Tech after 12th Arts?

I have a doubt regarding b.tech after 12th arts that can i do b.tech after 12th after taking up arts stream in 12th ?

26th August 2014, 01:11 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.Tech after 12th Arts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have a doubt regarding b.tech after 12th arts that can i do b.tech after 12th after taking up arts stream in 12th ?
No , 12th arts candidates are not eligible to do B-Tech degree . Because the educational qualification required to get admission in B-Tech course is 12th standard with mathematics , physics and chemistry as a main subject . Your age should be above 17 years old .
26th August 2014, 02:51 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Science (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) at 10+2 level is mandatory for pursuing
B.Tech. course in any discipline in any college all over the world.

You can’t get admission in B.Tech. if you have done 10+2 with Arts/Humanities.

Your query indicates two possibilities.

First Possibility is that you mistakenly took arts stream in 10+2 and now you are regretting
because after exploring your interest you somehow realized that you want to become an
engineer.

Considering this the situation, you need to take some tough decision. If you are studying in
10+2 with arts stream right now then you should quit your course in between and take
fresh admission in Class-11 with Science stream.

If you have already passed 10+2 with arts stream then also you should take fresh admission in Class-11 with Science stream.

Though, you can make a very nice career after having degree in humanities but the fact remains that you can’t enjoy anything that you don’t like.
So, choose a career as per your interest and ambitions.
I recommend spoiling 1-2 years over spoiling whole life.

The second possibility is that you are afraid that arts stream has no good career scope.

If you don’t have hardcore affinity with engineering and you are just in the dilemma that you can’t have a good career with arts stream then you are mistaking.
These days any degree is not enough to fetch you a good job. I know many B.Tech. passed students who are working on a salary even lower than a clerk’s salary (but some are making fortune too) and some are doing clerical job too. You will see B.Tech. passed applicants in huge number in almost all competitive exams, be it Bank PO, SSC, LIC, NIC etc. because they realized they don’t have good future as an engineer.
Also, many of those engineers who are getting handsome salary are going for MBA from top B-schools so that they could grab a huge career jump.

If the second possibility is your situation then do not panic.

You can do from average to the top even if you have studied arts. After graduation in arts you have many career opportunities. I am listing down some of them.
Bank PO, Clerk
SSC
LIC, NIC
UPSC and State PCS
Indian Army
Higher Studies in humanities and then making a career as a Professor
Career in Business and Management by doing MBA
Chartered Accountant, Cost and Work Accountant and Company Secretary courses etc. and many more.
26th August 2014, 11:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Sorry Arts students are not eligible for B.Tech course. You need to study 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Maths from a recognized University. Also there is percentage criteria and you have to score at least 50% marks in 10+2 with PCM subjects combination.

Hence, you should go for some Arts related course or some other course which required any stream 10+2 pass students. You shouldn't get disheartened because there are many good courses other than Engineering. So aim for those courses.

You can apply for Graduation in Arts subjects like Political Science, Sociology and many other subjects related to Arts. You also have option to try for courses like Hotel Management, Chartered Accountancy, Law, BBA and many more.

So don't worry and prepare for the entrance exam for these courses. There are many good colleges who give admission for these courses. All you have to do is be prepared for the entrance exam. Getting admission into a good college will certainly help in making your future bright.
3rd June 2018, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

I was a student of arts department. Can I apply for Btech after completing a diploma degree?
3rd June 2018, 04:41 PM
Unregistered

I was a student of arts department. Can I apply for Btech after completing a diploma degree???
30th July 2018, 07:37 PM
Unregistered

I was a student of arts department. Can I apply for Btech after completing a diploma degree computer science
?
30th July 2018, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

I was a student of arts department. Can I apply for Btech after completing a diploma degree in computer science?
1st August 2018, 04:05 PM
Sahil Singh Blowria

No!!
You can't do B.tech after 12th arts.
• Because to become eligible for B.tech, you have to pass your high secondary level studies in Science stream with non medical subjects (physics, chemistry & math) .
So! In this case you are not eligible.
19th December 2018, 01:04 PM
Unregistered

Sir I'm 12 passed in arts n have done polytechnic diploma jexpo
Can I do apply for b tech ?
If yes so which entrance?please say
11th July 2019, 06:50 PM
Unregistered

In a university they are saying they can provided me admission in B-tech with art stream in 12th, are the lying or joking?
13th December 2019, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

I done my 2 10 year back in humanities and went abroad to work in several streams, in between I done diploma in interior desiging and all my jobs that I done was different now I am 27 year old still don't have a good job , don't known what course should I take , am willing to study or work hard .. please guide me sir
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?