29th January 2016, 07:03 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in any NIT with JEE rank if failed in Mathematics?

Hello Sir,
I want to take admission based on my JEE rank. Unfortunately I am failed in Mathematics and want to give supplementary. So can I get admission in any NIT college by JEE rank?

31st January 2016, 07:56 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Can I get admission in any NIT with JEE rank if failed in Mathematics?

No you can't get admission in any NIT in fact you can't get admission in any college because you haven't passed 12th class yet. You need 12th class pass mark sheet to appear in JEE exam (Joint entrance Exam). You can't sit in JEE exam without passing in 12th class it’s a main criteria.
Now first of all gets a 12th class passing mark sheet and then fill up the forms again, appear in JEE score good marks. One more thing for your kind information it’s not an easy job to score good marks in JEE exam.
31st January 2016, 10:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in any NIT with JEE rank if failed in Mathematics?

No, you can not get admission in any National Institute of Technology on the basis of Joint Entrance Examination scorecard if you have failed in mathematics because of the fact that at the time of releasing rankcard of JEE Main, the marks obtained a candidate in 10+2 is taken into account.

Since, you have failed in mathematics, you will not be eligible for admission. If you are willing to give supplementary exam, its result must be out before JEE results are out.
1st February 2016, 08:04 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in any NIT with JEE rank if failed in Mathematics?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT with JEE rank if you have failed in Mathematics subject of your 12th standard. If you clear that subject by appearing in supplementary examination before reporting time for joining in NIT then, you can get admission in NIT. If you have backlog at the time of reporting for admission in NIT then, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT with JEE rank.
1st February 2016, 09:20 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot get admission In NIT colleges if you are fail in Mathematics, however, you can try to clear it in 2nd chance and try to score well this time as admission to NIT colleges is not that easy. After that you will have to score quite well in your JEE examination also to get into NIT colleges.
1st February 2016, 09:22 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

First of all admission in NIT colleges is not a matter of joke and they look for the best of the best candidates and secondly you have not even been able to secure passing marks in your mathematics subject, therefore it is not possible for you to get admission in any NIT college. You should therefore try to clear the paper in another chance and with good marks.
17th May 2018, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

What to do when we are getting nit but our marks are less than 75 percentage
can we apply for Nios and then get the collage or i should have to repeat the class 12 again or seats are reserved for next year tell me in detail what should i have to do
19th June 2018, 09:35 PM
Unregistered

I passed my exam with 55% but got failed in math(6 sub) and also a good rank in jee mains which will surely give nit .... will i get admission in it
15th March 2020, 07:03 AM
Unregistered

I will get 85% in cbse 2020 but I might fail in physics(I have 6 subjects) would I be eligible for NIT??
28th June 2022, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

I I have pcmb in boards and my percent is above 75% but maths has become my 4th subject am I eligible in iit or nit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?