16th June 2015, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in B.Tech through JEE Main if disqualify in 12th Mathematics?

Hello,
I have taken PCM in my 12th standard and I want to study B.Tech. I just want to know that if I get fail in Mathematics then I can get admission in B.Tech by giving JEE Main? Please let me know as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  2. Possibility to study B.Tech for a candidate who got disqualify in Maths of 12th Science?
  3. Does I have to reappear in 12th Board exam if drop a year for JEE Main?
  4. HOw should I prepare for JEE mains? I have cleared class 12th
  5. Number of permissible attempts for JEE Main and Advance?
  6. Should I prepare to reappear if scored less marks in JEE Main?
  7. Am I eligible to get admission in NIT if secured 110 marks in JEE Main?
  8. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if appear in 12th Supplementary exams of Mathematics and Chemistry?
  9. What is the qualification to do B.Tech course?
  10. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  11. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission in NIT Durgapur for SC candidate who has secured 82% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  12. How to prepare for IIT entrance exam?
  13. Should I reappear in 12th and JEE Main & Advance if didn't qualify in 12th PCM if interested to become IAS Officer?
  14. Can I get admission in any NIT if secured 58.88% in 12th, 55 marks in JEE Main and preparing for JEE Advance being SC candidate?
  15. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
  16. Possibility to get admission in NIT with 138 marks in JEE Main and 80% in 12th Board exam? With this marks and percentage I can appear in JEE Advanced?
  17. Is it a barrier to study B.Tech with low JEE Main score? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. After 12Th in Maths stream Can I join engineering without qualifying JEE Main?
17th June 2015, 04:16 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get admission in B.Tech through JEE Main if disqualify in 12th Mathematics?

Any student who haven't secured passing marks in 12th board examination are not eligible to take admission in any degree program such as B.Tech,B.Sc.B.A ...on the basis of only entrance examination.

To get admission in any Bachelor's degree program, students need to secure pass marks in 12th board examination and also they need to qualify in the entrance examination conducted by the colleges.

So, to get admission in B.Tech , first of all you need to appear in compartmental examination of Mathematics .
Compartmental examination is conducted by the board for the students to provide a chance to qualify in the subjects in which they have failed in the regular boards examination such that to prevent gap in academic calendar.
17th June 2015, 05:08 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in B.Tech through JEE Main if disqualify in 12th Mathematics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I have taken PCM in my 12th standard and I want to study B.Tech. I just want to know that if I get fail in Mathematics then I can get admission in B.Tech by giving JEE Main? Please let me know as soon as possible.
No, you are not eligible for JEE Mains exam. even you can not do B.Tech degree with out having Mathematics in 12th standard. So first cleared your backlog in Mathematics then you can apply.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE mains exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category.

You can apply consecutive three time in JEE mains exam.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
17th June 2015, 06:23 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot get admission in B.Tech course through JEE main exam, because candidates who have passed in their 12th standard are only eligible to appear for JEE main exam, but you are a candidate who have disqualified in Mathematics subject. So, first you should clear your Mathematics subject, then after passing your 12th standard, you can apply for JEE main exam.
17th June 2015, 06:51 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their 12th standard are only eligible to appear for JEE main exam. But, as a student, who have disqualified in mathematics subject, you are not eligible to appear for JEE main exam. So, you cannot get admission in B.Tech course through JEE main exam. So, first try to complete your 12th standard to appear for JEE main exam.
1st July 2015, 12:12 AM
reconnect

No dear, you can not take admission in any field or in any college until you have pass your 12th. For any degree whether it is a professional course or B.A/B.com and so on .. You will required the pass certificate of class 12th. So,you have reappear in 12th and work hard for that.
GOOD LUCK.
1st July 2015, 03:30 PM
aslangyan

No i think you have to pass all subject if you fail in one subject you will not be able to take addmission in b.tec.
23rd September 2015, 06:33 PM
gokul ka raja

You have no chance to get addmission in any course without passing in mathmatics or any other subjects in 12th.
You can not get addmission in any bachlor degree without clearing his 12th with the help of any entrance exam .
The first elligibility for any course in any university is to clear all the subject exams of 12th.Then you will be elligible for next courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?