7th July 2017, 05:01 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in IIM A, after studying commerce stream?

I am a student in 12th commerce. I want admission in IIM A. Can I get admission after graduating any stream in commerce. If yes, please guide me further the procedure and the course before getting into IIM.

7th July 2017, 07:58 PM
SahnawazExpert
Banned

Default Re: Can I get admission in IIM A, after studying commerce stream?

IIM or Indian Institute of Management offers postgraduate degree, doctoral and executive programmes. After completing graduation one can sit for CAT which is Common Aptitude Test. It is a highly competitive exam which is given by approximately 1.96 lakhs candidates. This test is composed of two sections, the Quantitative Aptitude/Data Interpretation and the Verbal Ability/Logical Reasoning. These tests are not so easy as they test the true potential of a candidate. Now to get a call from IIM you need to lie in a percentile that is greater than the 99th percentile, with a variation of upto 0.5 upwards every year. The second stage is interview followed by the last and the final stage is conversion. One must remember that most of the IIM institutes check educational background, CAT score and how one has conducted the Interview round. So keep these things in mind in order to get into IIM.
7th July 2017, 09:13 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, any stream graduates from UGC recognized university will be eligible for admission in IIM A, after cracking CAT and interview. Hence, no need to worry about your stream.

Just concentrate on preparing for CAT, if you want to get admission in IIM. There is no other way to get admission.
7th July 2017, 09:15 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student in 12th commerce. I want admission in IIM A. Can I get admission after graduating any stream in commerce. If yes, please guide me further the procedure and the course before getting into IIM.
IIM A stands for indian institute of management Ahemadabad.
It provides masters degree in managements.

To get admission in any IIMs you need to clear and entrance exam name CAT, MAT, XST, G-MAT etc.
To get admission in any IIM, eligibility criteria are given below.
- One must have completed his/ her graduation in any stream with minimum of 50% in aggregate.
- Candidate's age must lie between 18 to 21.
- Admission is completely on the basis of entrance test.
7th July 2017, 10:18 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IIM refers to Indian Institute of Management and same is regarded as the best business colleges of India.

For admission in IIM A i,e; IIM Ahmedabad you need to qualify CAT ( Common Aptitude Test ) with best percentile.

Further for appearing in CAT you need to complete your bachelor degree course with any subject of your choice with at least 50% marks ( 45% marks for SC/ST and PWD category candidates ) from a recognized university.

So being a Class 12th student with Commerce stream you first need to complete your graduation degree and then have to qualify CAT with best percentile.

For more details and updates regarding CAT you can refer to the link www.iimcat.ac.in.
7th July 2017, 11:19 PM
raziaexpert
Banned

Yes, you can get admission in IIM A, after completion of your 12th grade with commerce stream, there is no issue in it. You will have to score really well in your CAT/XAT examination in order to get into IIM A to continue with your course ahead.

The procedure is such that after clearing the minimum cut-off for admission in the above mentioned institute, you will have to apply for admission by filling up the application form and providing the required details asked for and if you fulfill the minimum eligibility criteria for admission and able to clear the interview round, you will be most eligible to get admission.
8th July 2017, 10:57 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission in Bachelor's degree in commerce after studying 12th with commerce stream. To get admission in Indian Institute of Management, you need to clear Common Admission Test. CAT is conducted by IIM for admission in master's degree in business administration.

The eligibility criteria for CAT exam is:

>>The academic qualification required for CAT is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year graduation candidates can also apply for exam.

>>Minimum percentage of marks required in bachelor's degree is 50% for CAT examination.

You need to clear CAT to get admission in IIM, Ahmedabad.
8th July 2017, 10:41 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The full form of IIM A is Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad.

It is considered to be one of the best institute for admission in Master of Business Administration.

Admission to IIM A is done through Common Admission Test.

Eligibility criteria for CAT:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

You need to have 50% marks in graduation to apply for CAT exam. You can apply after studying commerce stream.
9th July 2017, 07:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of 12th standard, you can do graduation degree to get admission in IIM A.

But you should qualify in CAT entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree with above 50% marks from a recognized University are eligible for CAT exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?