1st March 2018, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I study MBA in IIM if pursuing BBA from SMU?

I am from Commerce stream and my optional subject is Maths. But due to some reasons I was not able to score good marks in 12th Board exams. To get admission in IIM for MBA is my only dream. I have got admission in a distance BBA from SMU. So, I am eligible to achieve my dream?

12th March 2018, 11:51 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study MBA in IIM if pursuing BBA from SMU?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to opt for the MBA course from IIM after the completion of BBA from distance education, there is no problem in it.
You must have to qualify in the entrance examination in order to be eligible for MBA from IIM.
Candidates those who have completed their Bachelors degree in any discipline from a recognized University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to opt for the MBA course from IIM.
14th March 2018, 07:46 PM
Badtameez Dil
Senior Member++

Sikkim Manipal University is University Grants Commission and Distance Education Council recognized university. Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university is the minimum qualification required for Master of Business Administration.

Entrance exam for IIM admission.

CAT is Common Admission Test. It is entrance examination conducted by Indian Institute of Management. You should have at least 50% marks in bachelor's degree to apply for CAT exam for MBA admission in IIM.
15th March 2018, 11:56 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

IIM refers to Indian Institute of Management and same is one of the top business school in India for pursuing management courses.

As far as you are concerned about pursuing MBA ( Master of Business Administration ) from IIMs then for that you need to qualify CAT ( Common Aptitude Test ) held by IIMs.

Further for appearing in CAT, you are required to have completed your graduation in any discipline with at least 50% marks ( or 45% marks in case of SC/ST/PH category candidate ) from a recognized university.

So being a student of BBA degree course in SMU ( Sikkim Manipal University ) you are certainly eligible for admission in IIM if you qualify CAT by satisfying its eligibility criteria.

For more details regarding CAT you can refer to the link www.iimcat.ac.in .
15th March 2018, 04:02 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

There is a very high competition for the MBA from IIMs.

Yes, it is true that pursuing mere BBA will not get you a promising job according to the present market trend since there are many engineering graduates searching for the same jobs so the MNCs hire them as their employees.

To get a good job in the field of computers you have to pursue the MBA.

Many MNCs hire MBA graduates as the system analyst and pay them about 6-7 lacs per annum as per the present trend.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?