30th October 2014, 01:00 PM
Unregistered

Can I pass by scoring just 27 marks in CBSE?

Hi Friends,
Today i Gave my Maths Exam..and its very very difficult question paper that cbse made this year.
My Teachers said me before exam that minimum 80% Questions will Come from NCERT but this year very less questions come from Ncert...i only prepared ncert and now i am only expecting 27 marks
can i be passed???
Those who think maths paper was really tough please Reply.

2nd November 2014, 03:37 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I pass by scoring just 27 marks in CBSE?

The minimum qualifying marks in an external theory examination of any subject is 33% of maximum marks. If the examination is conducted for maximum of 100 marks, the if you score at least 33 marks in your external examination, then, you will be considered as qualified in the examination. So, if you score 27 marks out of 100 marks, you will not be considered as qualified in the examination.
2nd November 2014, 10:21 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

The minimum marks for passing is 33% marks in CBSE board. So, 27 marks is not going to get you pass in the Maths exam. Don't think about what has gone today, because you can't change anything now. It will be better to concentrate on what can be done to avoid these mistakes in future.

Also, result hasn't been announced and you are worrying without any reason. Just wait for the result to come. If you have doubt that you have done badly, then you should start your preparation from today itself and leave everything aside.
5th November 2014, 03:38 PM
Devdatta Divekar

I too agree with Saikiranreddy47475 that minimum passing marks for any theory paper is 33, if your paper is of 100 marks. So, i feel that just 27 marks are not enough or close to passing.
24th March 2015, 11:37 PM
baggu helper
Member+

In Central Board of Secondary Education the minimum pass mark satisfied is 33. Even 32.5 should be considered failed.

So, you are not eligible to pass out.

Or for any other query please visit to its default site.
31st March 2015, 04:12 PM
SmilyRishu

Some board take theory exam with maximum marks of 70.In that case you will be considered as pass by scoring 27 marks.But In CBSE you haev to score at least 33 marks in every subject because the maximum marks of the exam are 100.
As per your statement you are from CBSE and scored 27 marks only ,so you are considered failed in that particular subject.So my suggestion to you is that you simply have to fill form for re- appearing in that subject.
Thank you.
1st April 2015, 12:27 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to let you know that the passing marks of C.B.S.E. is 33 marks out of 100 marks so you will not pass in your mathematics paper with just securing 27 marks.

Definitely the question of mathematics paper was very tough this time as compared to previous year examination so C.B.S.E. has decided to check the mathematics answer sheet liberally.

So you could expect some additional marks to over your expected marks.So there is good chance that you will pass in your examination as the gap between the expected marks and passing marks is not very large.
1st April 2015, 12:52 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Sorry you cannot pass just by scoring 27 marks in the CBSE Maths paper as the minimum passing marks for this is 33 out of 100.

Yes surely the mathematics paper of this year tough as compared to the previous year papers .

The CBSE has decided to check the answer sheets liberally and allow the marks if you have attempted the questions .
2nd April 2015, 11:55 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

No,you cannot pass in your Mathematics paper after securing just 27 marks out of 100 marks in your board examination as the minimum required for passing this examination is
33 marks .

Yes definitely of the mathematics paper of this examination was more tougher than previous year questions .

But a good news for you is that the C.B.S.E. has decided to check the answer sheet bit friendly , so you might expect increase of few marks in your expected marks which can help you in passing in this examination .
2nd April 2015, 05:42 PM
amanshrivastava98

According to the norms of various boards of education in our country, the minimum qualifying marks in any subject is 33%.

Since the maths paper is of 110 marks, you have to secure atleast 33 marks otherwise you may get failed in that.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?