2nd October 2014, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

Minimum percentage required for SC candidate to appear in JEE Advance?

Can someone please tell me the minimum percentage required for sc candidate to appear in jee advance in this coming year 2015?

2nd October 2014, 08:54 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required for SC candidate to appear in JEE Advance?

The minimum required percentage to appear for JEE Advanced exam is 75% for General category category whereas it is 70% in case of SC/ST candidates in 12th standard from a recognised board or the top 20 percentile candidates are also eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced exam.

To be eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced exam, you must qualify in the JEE Main and you must be in the top 1,50,000 rankers of the JEE Main examination. After qualifying the JEE Advanced examination, you are eligible for getting admission in the IIT's or NIT's or Other top institutes.
2nd October 2014, 10:39 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required for SC candidate to appear in JEE Advance?

For JEE Advance you must first pass JEE Main with a very good score. JEE Advance is for those who want to join IITs and ISM Dhanbad. This exam will help you in joining these prestigious Institutes.

For JEE Advance you must have 10+2 marks which falls under the top 20 percentile of the respective board from which you have passed the examination. For example, if you pass your 10+2 from CBSE, then you must have marks which falls under the top 20 percentile of CBSE.

You can submit in written from your respective board about whether you fall under the top 20 percentile. If you are unable to submit anything from your respective board then your percentile will be calculated on the basis of CBSE.

Therefore, when it comes to percentile, then there is no relaxation of marks. Hence, you must have very good marks in 10+2, so that you fall within the top 20 percentile of your respective education board.

For more information visit JEE Advanced
10th April 2015, 07:54 AM
Unregistered

i have secured 118 marks in mains and 96 percentage in intermediate . Iam an s.c. Candidate..in which nit would i get seat
15th April 2015, 12:43 AM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: Minimum percentage required for SC candidate to appear in JEE Advance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can someone please tell me the minimum percentage required for sc candidate to appear in jee advance in this coming year 2015?

Minimum percentage required for Sc candidate to appear in JEE mains is an average of 50% in their board examinations, that is 10th as well as 12th. But, for other Candidate it is 60% overall to appear in the JEE examinations.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?