29th May 2018, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Can I study BTech in IIT with 56% in 12th Haryana Board?

Sir, I have completed my 12th from Haryana Board. But I have scored only 56% marks. I would like to know that with this percentage of marks I can join IIT for BTech course? Please help me to know about this asap.

30th May 2018, 08:55 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study BTech in IIT with 56% in 12th Haryana Board?

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and to get admission in the institute you have to appear and qualify in both stages of Joint Entrance Examination.

Joint Entrance Examination is conducted by CBSE and IIT. The eligibility to appear for JEE Main is that candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board.

Candidates who qualifies in Main stage and also scored aggregate in 12th in top 20 percentile.

Only after qualifying in both stage you will become eligible to get admission in IIT.
30th May 2018, 06:48 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To be eligible to appear for JEE Advanced examination, candidate must be in top 20 percentile of high scorers of their 12th Board examinations or they must have secured aggregate of 75% off marks in 12th standard Board examinations. To be eligible to appear for JEE advanced examination, the candidate must have secured top 150000 rank in JEE Main examination and a candidate can attempt JEE advanced examination a maximum of 2 times.
30th May 2018, 07:28 PM
PRASHANT8149
Senior Member+

No, you can't study BTech in IIT with 56% in 12th Haryana Board.
  1. Candidate must have passed 12th board exam with 75% or he/she should be in top 20 percentile in 12th class examination conducted by respective boards. Also there is relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ST category students.
  2. Candidate should take JEE Main exam conducted by CBSE.
  3. After qualifying JEE Mains, candidate have to appear in JEE Advanced. Only top 1,50,000 candidates in JEE Mains are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced.
  4. Approximately 12 to 13 lakh candidates take JEE Main but only 1,50,000 candidates are allowed to take JEE Advanced. Finally some 10,000+ candidates can join different IITs based on their score in JEE Advanced.
  5. Both JEE Mains and Advanced comprises of three subjects:
    • Physics
    • Chemistry
    • Mathematics
  6. Candidate can appear in JEE Mains thrice and JEE Advanced twice consecutively from the year of passing the 12 th board exam.

For more details please visit : https://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/Public/Home.aspx
30th May 2018, 10:53 PM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

IIT refers to Indian Institute of Technology for admission in same a candidate has to qualify JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

Also, for admissions in IIT you need to have completed your Class 12th in Science stream with PCM group with at least 75% marks ( or 65% marks in case of reserved category candidates ) from a recognized board of education. Students failing to get 75% marks but securing that much marks which make them lie among the top 20 percentile candidates of their concerned board of education.

So, having secured 56% marks in your Class 12th you are eligible for admission in IITs through JEE only if you satisfy the percentile requirement norms which changes every year and as per the last two year trends it is around 80% marks for general category candidates.
30th May 2018, 11:29 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Admission in IIT is conducted after qualifying in Main and Advanced stage of Joint Entrance Examination.

So, you have to appear for Main and Advanced stage and qualify in it for admission in IIT.

The eligibility to appear for Main examination is that candidate must have passed 12th and for appearing in Advanced stage candidate must have scored aggregate in top 20 percentile.

So, if you want to get admission start preparation of examination.
31st May 2018, 04:45 PM
google girl
Senior Member+

Sorry to say you but you can not study B.Tech in IIT with just 56% marks in 12th from Haryana Board.

Eligibility criteria for this are:-
Candidate must have completed 12th with at least 75% marks from a recognized board.
31st May 2018, 05:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for JEE Main surely, but admission will depend on the performance in the entrance exam and also your class 12th marks. Only 50% marks in the eligibility criteria for JEE, which you already have.

Hence, you have chance of admission, but you need to perform excellently in JEE Main and Advanced, because you don't have excellent marks in class 12th.
31st May 2018, 05:35 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

IIT stands for Indian Institutes of Technology. It is the premier Institute of India for technical courses.

To get admission in BTech course candidates have to qualify in joint entrance examination conducted by CBSE and IIT every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed or pursuing in 12th from from a recognised board.

Candidates after qualifying in Main stage will become eligible for the next stage which is also known as Advanced stage.

The aggregate in 12th board examination must be in top 20 percentile to become eligible for advanced stage.

Candidates after qualifying in both the stages will become eligible for final admission to IIT.
31st May 2018, 06:51 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Not for sure. You are not eligible to get admission in any IIT college in B.Tech. To pursue B.Tech in any IIT college, one must have 75 percent in higher secondary examination. And also must cleared JEE Main + Adavnce with good rank.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?