2nd August 2018, 10:48 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study BTech in NIT for a candidate through 12th NIOS Board exam?

Sir, I just want to know that if I appear my 12th Board exam from NIOS Board then I am eligible or not to do BTech course from NIT? Please let me know about this as I don't know about this. Waiting for your response!

5th August 2018, 07:32 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study BTech in NIT for a candidate through 12th NIOS Board exam?

NIT stands for National Institute of Technology and NITs are CFTIs ( Centrally Funded Institute of Technology ) known for providing quality education in technical degree courses.

For admission in NITs for pursuing B.Tech degree course, you are required to qualify JEE (Joint Entrance Examination ).

Further, for appearing in JEE for admission in NITs, you are required to have completed your Class 12th with PCM group with at least 75% marks ( or 65% marks in case of SC/ST candidates ) from a recognized board. Students failing to secure the mentioned marks but managing to make it to the top 20 percentile candidate of their concerned board of education are also eligible.

So, having completed your Class 12th from NIOS board which is a national board, you are eligible for admission in NITs if you have opted for PCM group and have secured the minimum marks required in Class 12th to appear in JEE.

For more details regarding JEE, you can log on to its official website i.e; www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?