10th March 2015, 03:02 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Urdu as 2nd language if getting transfer from State Board to CBSE?

Sir,
I have taken admission in State Board
but I want to do from CBSE Board.
I have learned 10th from Urdu Medium.
So, CBSE has Urdu subject if I want to
study Science with Urdu as a 1st language
in CBSE?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to get transfer from Chhattisgarh State Board to CBSE Board for study 11th Science?
  2. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  3. CBSE or State Board, which is better to study in 11th Science?
  4. Admission to Class 10 CBSE in another state after passing 9th CBSE from another state?
  5. Can I secure 10 CGPA in Board exam if didn't score well in 10th CBSE Summative-I exam? Benefits of studying in CBSE Board over State Board?
  6. CBSE or State Board, which is better for Medical aspirant?
  7. Possibility to get transfer from Bihar board to ICSE or CBSE board after 10th?
  8. Can I get transfer in State Board to study in 11th standard if preparing for 10th CBSE school exam?
  9. Is it beneficial to transfer from Gujarat State Board to CBSE board for 3rd and 5th standard students?
  10. CBSE or State Board, which is better for B.Arch aspirant?
  11. Which one to choose between state board and CBSE board? Do companies give importance to CBSE board students during selections? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. MCQ question papers in Urdu for WBCHSE and CBSE 12th?
  13. Should I change board from CBSE to State Board if seeking to prepare for JEE?
  14. Which board is better between CBSE Board and Andhra Pradesh State Board?
  15. Which one is more better CBSE or State board? Which will be beneficial for placement?
  16. Which board to choose among CBSE and Maharashtra State Board to study Higher Secondary Education with Science?
  17. Can I reappear in 12th from CBSE Board after qualifying from State Board? -- [New]
  18. Which board will be better - CBSE or state board?
12th March 2015, 07:07 PM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: Can I study Urdu as 2nd language if getting transfer from State Board to CBSE?

I think you are in 11th standard now and that in state board. Now since Urdu was your medium and I guess your first language, why do you want to change it? This will place you in an uncomfortable zone. Let me tell science subjects will be taught in English Language in CBSE or ICSE boards. I guess in your state board, you are getting every subject in Urdu Language. This will not be the case in CBSE board. Only thing your language subject will include Urdu. But since you have always studied in Urdu medium, you will have communication problem with the teachers in CBSE.
There all the teachers communicate in English. Also some schools do not have the facility of Urdu as a first language. This is because teachers are not available for that subject in adequate amount. You are lucky that you got such an environment through your state board. So in my opinion do not change your board. These two years will just fly. Little time you will have to study. In that time, if you keep yourself busy in struggling with a separate medium, then when will you study? Think about it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?