22nd December 2014, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Should I change board from CBSE to State Board if seeking to prepare for JEE?

hi
i got 75% in 10 cbse board, what should i do after this ..........
actually i wanted to prepare for JEE but at this
time i am not getting admissions in good
cbse schools so what should i do ?
should i go for cbse or state?

23rd December 2014, 01:13 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I change board from CBSE to State Board if seeking to prepare for JEE?

You can join in any education board. Because, students from all education boards can apply for JEE exams. So, if you are not getting admission in good CBSE schools, try to join in any school, which are under State board. But, try to secure good marks in intermediate. Because, to become eligible for JEE Advanced exam, you should be one of the candidates, who have secured top 20 percentile in your respective state Board.
23rd December 2014, 04:42 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I change board from CBSE to State Board if seeking to prepare for JEE?

It is very much true that pattern of JEE is basically based on CBSE syllabus.

So it would be much better if you get admission in CBSE based schools itself.

But if not, there is nothing to worry about as if you give your 100% through any board, you will surely score pretty well in JEE.

It doesn't matters much that from which board you prepare, the syllabus is more or less the same in every boards.

So, if you get a chance to get yourself admitted into a CBSE school, it is well enough and if not then do go for state boards with full confidence.

NOTE: Whether you be in CBSE or State board school, in either cases you will have to study very well and give your 100% to score well in JEE.
23rd December 2014, 06:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no need to change your board from CBSE to State Board if you want to prepare for JEE Examination. You can prepare and appear for JEE examination from any recognised board whether it is CBSE or ISC or State or NIOS Board. You can pursue 11th and 12th standard from any recognised school where you can get admission whether it is a State Soard school or CBSE Board school. Since, you are not able to get admission in CBSE schools, you can join in State Board school and you can pursue 11th and 12th standard to prepare and appear for JEE Main and Advance Examination.
30th May 2015, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

which board is harder cbse or maharashtra for jee aspirant and who has joined a private coaching institution for jee ?
1st March 2016, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

If I admit my child in Punjab board school for 10 1& 10 2 non medical and prepare for ias from a recognised institution will there be any difficulty for preparing for school board & IIT
23rd November 2019, 02:20 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

JEE entrance exam syllabus is based on CBSE board ,so it is better to take admission in CBSE school but if you are not able to get admission in good school you can select any state board because the students if any state board of India are eligible
Make sure you get all your concepts cleared as it will help ypu with entrance exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?