6th February 2015, 10:58 AM
Unregistered

CBSE or State Board, which is better for Medical aspirant?

Hello
I completed X CBSE from Muscat, Oman. I'm planning to study 11 & 12th in Chennai, Tamil nadu to pursue medicine as a career. Should I choose CBSE or State Board schools to join in Chennai? My aim is to get a medical seat. Some people say it is easy to score marks in State Board than in CBSE. So chances of getting a medical seat is more in state board. Since I will be studying in Chennai for 2 years, do I stand a chance in the state quota? Please help as I'm confused.

Vishrut, Muscat

7th February 2015, 10:28 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: CBSE or State Board, which is better for Medical aspirant?

Since, you have completed your 10th standard from CBSE Board, I suggest you to pursue your 11th and 12th standard from the same CBSE Board. By studying Central Board syllabus in your 11th and 12th standards, you can gain more knowledge than what you will learn in State Board syllabus. And most of the All India competitive examination question papers will be set from CBSE Board syllabus, so, if you opt for CBSE Board, you can easily score good marks in the Medical entrance examination and you can get a seat in a top college for pursuing your higher studies.
13th May 2015, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Hi! I'm frm A.P & i've studied state board upto 4th standard & cbse board frm V to IX. But now i'm damn confused to choose state or cbse board for X . Co'z my aim is to get a medical seat. So which is better for Medical aspirant???
6th August 2015, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Should I cbse or state board after grade 10 for getting a medical seat? I studied both in cbse and in state board.by chhosing which I can get a medical for my future study?I very confused please help mee..
25th October 2015, 03:03 PM
sumitsingh270596

CBSE stands for central board of secondary education, it is centrally recognized board which comes under the central government.
As you are a medical aspirant then I would prefer to choose CBSE board instead of any state board. Because most of the competitive examinations including medical i.e AIPMT is conducted by CBSE every year. Also the syllabus of AIPMT is according to the prescribed syllabus of CBSE.
So, being a CBSE students will give you an advantage in that. The syllabus of CBSE board and state board are almost same but CBSE board is full of creativity and the students of CBSE board has improved reading and writing skill unlike the students of any state board.

As you are a medical aspirant so, I would recommend to choose CBSE board.
2nd February 2016, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

If i complete my 12th cbse board examination in march 2016, can i write the AIPMT examination in may 2016 or can i write it only on may 2017? Please do answerrr!!!
29th April 2016, 11:54 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th in CBSE board. this year MEDICAL ENTRANCE is going to enforced again.
Studying in state board will help us to score the medical cut-off and that will be used for entering medicine. but now it is going to be useless.
I had a plan to study in state board. but now I'm so confused.
please give your suggestions...
29th April 2016, 11:58 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10th in CBSE board. this year MEDICAL ENTRANCE is going to enforced again.
Studying in state board will help us to score the medical cut-off and that will be used for entering medicine. but now it is going to be useless.
I had a plan to study in state board. but now I'm so confused.
please give your suggestions...
19th May 2016, 06:59 AM
Unregistered

Please give neat not clear information regarding which board is best for 12th std, who studied 10th in icse board with scoredabove 95% n aim to become a doctor.
31st October 2016, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

I am doing my xth in CBSE board in Maharashtra and thinking for medical seat which board should i prefer to get the medical seat
3rd November 2016, 11:31 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

CBSE is one the best boards in India & its certificate is valid everywhere. I suggest you to complete your school till 12th from CBSE & then get admission in good college to accomplish your goal. You need to opt for PCB after 10th to pursue your career.
22nd January 2017, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10 CBSE board exams . I am totally confused whether to take state or CBSE & want to go in medical field. Many say that state board is quite easy & you can easily crack it. Can you please.. Help me
14th April 2017, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

I completed my 10th class in case in AP. My ambition is to become a doctor. Should I study 11th in state or CBSE. But many say AP doesn't have proper CBSE colleges and i can't study 11th in state's except telanga and Andhra please suggest me something.
15th April 2017, 01:21 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I completed my 10th class in case in AP. My ambition is to become a doctor. Should I study 11th in state or CBSE. But many say AP doesn't have proper CBSE colleges and i can't study 11th in state's except telanga and Andhra please suggest me something.
For medical aspirants my personal suggestion is you should stick to the CBSE school after completion of 10th standard.
Because 11th and 12th are base of medical or engineering aspirants. CBSE provides wide range of topics in proper pattern which can be understood easily. It covers almost all the topics of NCERT which is covered by CBSE in simple language.
There is some good schools which is affiliated to CBSE in AP are given below.
- Swarnandhara international school
- Madina public school.
- B V reddy senior secondary school
- Sri Sri paramhansa yogananda vidyalaya.
- Dr konndabolu laxmi prasad senior secondary school.
- Atkinson senior secondary high school
- KNR Central school
- Edify school
2nd May 2017, 08:53 PM
Unregistered

I have studied in state board till 10th std. Now I'm really confused about which board should I take in 11 & 12 std as I want to pursue medical field. Please do answer!
18th May 2017, 01:56 PM
Unregistered

My child is now going to 8th standard, up to 6th he was in CBsc(DAV) syllabus, in 7th i changed school near to my home it is in SSC board, his aim is to become doctor, i have a doubt which syllabus is good to become doctor, in this school ( narayana)they said we have a good syllabus it will be covered all state & cbsc

Please guide me.
6th June 2017, 11:38 AM
Unregistered

I have completed my 10 in cbse with 9.8 cgpa I wanted to be selected in neet.... Can you please suggest me which board to choose now. And which is good
7th June 2017, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

Hi I have completed my 10th in state board with 9.8gpa as a medical aspirant which board do I choose for getting a 100 below rank in net examination
22nd May 2018, 07:15 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my tenth grade and is confused as to which syllabus to take if I want to pursue medicine.I have heard that state syllabus is light comparatively so that we can concentrate more on the entrance coaching.I also hear that it is best to choose CBSE if trying for NEET Examination. Since the textbook followed by both kerala state syllabus and cbse syllabus is the same I am confused as to which syllabus to take..
29th June 2019, 11:34 PM
Unregistered

I have studied in CBSC board in 11 th std so I think I will take State board in 12 th.. iam going for neet so suggest me ..I leave for CBSC or take State board
31st October 2019, 04:46 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

medical entrance exam is completely based on the cbse pattern so it is beneficial for you to study from cbse board as it will boost your concept and than you will have enough time to prepare for your boards as well as the entrance because both have the same syllabus
So it is better that you go for the cbse board
3rd November 2019, 04:52 PM
EduXpert

There is no particular education board for medical aspirants and you can take admission at any good school available in your area affiliated to any recognised board.

Among CBSE and state boards you can choose anyone according to the schools available near you. There are good schools affiliated to state board too and you should not ignore them.
20th August 2020, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Which board to choose after 10th for getting above 90%in boards as well as to crack the neet entrance exam
Please suggest ur opinion as I'm fully confused
Cbse or state board
22nd August 2020, 05:00 PM
sachariah
Senior Member+++

Angry Re: CBSE or State Board, which is better for Medical aspirant?

For Medical aspirant, CBSE is better.

Class 11 and 12 syllabus is well focused on the preparation of competitive examinations. The general past trend is in favor of CBSE on the number of students NEET.

The syllabus of CBSE board and state board are almost same but CBSE board is full of creativity and the students of CBSE board has improved reading and writing skill unlike the students of any state board. As you are a medical aspirant so, I would recommend to choose CBSE board.
11th June 2021, 11:31 AM
Unregistered

Hello.... This is the time of corona pandemic and our exams are cancelled. I am student of 10th moving to 11th. Im confused about which board( cbse or state board) to choose in 11th and 12th. I want to apply in medical stream so will anyone tell me which board to choose according to your experience?
5th April 2022, 01:46 PM
Unregistered

I have study in class 8 state board so I think I will take CBSE board in class 9 .which syllabus is good for doctor please suggest me
10th April 2022, 10:23 PM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

For Medical aspirant, CBSE is better. Class 11 and 12 syllabus is well focused on the preparation of competitive examinations.

The general past trend is in favor of CBSE on the number of students NEET
13th April 2022, 04:03 PM
Godwin Roshan

If you have completed your xth Board from CBSE then changing Board will effect your studies in different ways so better' Continue with CBSE BOARD cause you'll be familiar and will be Able to get the seat from this Board too.
13th April 2022, 04:08 PM
Godwin Roshan

studying from state Board on 8th and then changing it in 9th isn't the problem as it's lower class so you can change your board.Go for CBSE BOARD as it is essential and will improve you knowledge where its Good for over-all development and gives us basic about most of the things whether it's about science, history or any technology.
13th April 2022, 04:11 PM
Godwin Roshan

choosing CBSE BOARD is best for you,as you'll learn more and increase you knowledge as in State Board thing's are not cleared.but here you'll find everything in its own word's i.e,its answers. so choose wisely .
13th April 2022, 04:16 PM
Godwin Roshan

CBSE board is best as it does not ONLY Focus on Studies but also creativity level, sport's,mind solvings, preparation for further exams and there are numerous other Things.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?