23rd January 2018, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

In which category will my son be, if he has studied 6th to 11th class abroad?

Sir, good morning. My son studied up to 5th class in India. We are planning to shift India. Now my son is in 11th standard. We are NRI or non local or normal category. Please answer Sir.

Related Questions:
  1. EAMCET eligibility if 11th and 12th are done from abroad?
  2. My son will be Local and Non Local residence of AP if he studied from class 8 to 12 in Karnataka?
  3. Will I be considered as a local candidate under JEE Main norms if appeared in 12th from Kolkata, but did 10th and 6th from Lucknow and Mumbai respectively?
  4. Do I have to apply in JEE Main and Advanced under NRI category if completed HS in Abroad? -- [New]
  5. What to do, if school is not allowing admission due to age rule?
  6. Is the student eligible to apply for EAMCET after completion of 12th from abroad?
  7. Which is the domicile for my daughter, parent's native place or the present residence?
  8. Whether a candidate studied till 10th standard in Abroad but completed 12th in India is eligible for entrance exams under normal category?
  9. Scholarship and entrance exams available for class 11th Commerce student to study in Abroad?
  10. Upto which standard a candidate can study in Abroad to remain a Local candidate of India?
  11. Will my son be local or OU in EAMCET(AP)?
  12. Admission procedure in India for 11th standard if completed till 10th in abroad?
  13. Which stream should i select after scoring 6.4 CGPA in Class 11?
  14. Should I have to pay admission fee if my son is promoted to 11th standard from 10th in same school?
  15. Whether an Indian domicile of Singapore can study further in India after completion of 10th under normal category?
  16. Age limit to appear in 10th CBSE Board exam for 11 years old 6th student?
  17. Who is an NRI student? If a student studies till 10th abroad and studies his 11th and 12th in India then is he eligible for exams under normal category? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Medical entrance exam for students who studied in abroad till 10th standard?
23rd January 2018, 11:39 PM
Mouexpert
Member+

Default Re: In which category will my son be, if he has studied 6th to 11th class abroad?

You will be considered as NRI as the criteria to be called as NRI is that you should have to have to stay outside of the country for more than 182 days during the preceding financial year.

So, according to this criteria you will be called as NRI, however there is nothing to worry about it, your son will not face any issue at the time of admission in higher classes when you return back to your land.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?