16th February 2014, 06:24 PM
Posts: n/a

Change from CBSE to ICSE after 10th school based exam

Dear Sir
My daughter has given her 10th CBSE school based exams. After the exam forms were submitted and the hall tickets etc. were received was when I got a sudden transfer to mumbai. There are no CBSE schools in the vicinity where I stay. But there is a good ICSE school nearby and I want my daughter to get admission there. IS it possible for her to get admission at the ICSE school firstly because she has given a school based exam and secondly because it is a change of board in grade 11. Please give me your advice. I dont want my daughter to suffer as she is a good student. regards rajendran.

21st February 2014, 10:55 PM
Senior Member+++++
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: India
Posts: 8,583
Default Re: Change from CBSE to ICSE after 10th school based exam

Yes, you can definitely get your daughter admission in the nearby ICSE school in Mumbai. However, it is quite strange to know that there is no CBSE schools nearby since the number of CBSE schools is quite large in India and is also spread across the entire nation.

There is no problem in changing board of education as long as your ward studies properly. If she is good at studies she can excel under any board of education. However, it would have been better if she would have studied in CBSE school in her 11th and 12 th standard. This is because the english of ICSE school is really tough as compared to CBSE and since she is from CBSE background till tenth so she might have problem with english and hence she have to devote more time towards english rather than devoting more time on the core subjects. If she is aiming at higher studies in English then it would be really helpful. But if she is not, then there are two alternatives :-

- Get her admission done in CBSE school which might be a bit far.
- She has to devote more time towards study and also give equal importance to English like the core subjects.
22nd June 2018, 12:36 AM
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Change from CBSE to ICSE after 10th school based exam

My son has passed out class-X from an ICSE affiliated school in Odisha in 2018. He has planned to take coaching for Engineering from Kota and have admission in a CBSE affiliated school for Class-XI. The school insists for counter signed transfer certificate which is being denied by the previous school on the ground that the migration certificate is being issued by the board, as such there is no need for the TC to be countersigned. As such we are facing problem of His admission. Is it necessary for the CBSE affiliated school to demand for a counter signed TC?
and Can a school deny to issue a counter signed TC for Class-X passed out student?
Please clarify
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?

Related Topics:

Thread Replies Last Post
Will I be able to remain in same school after passing 10th conducted by school (CBSE)? Can I change my school? 4 2nd December 2019 05:52 PM

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.0
vBulletin Optimisation by vB Optimise.
Please also check: