7th September 2015, 06:00 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility to appear in NEET for external candidate of 12th RBSE?

Respected Sir/Madam,
I have passed my 12th from External Board in RBSE. Am I eligible for NEET or not? Please let me know about this. Thank you in advance.

8th September 2015, 11:03 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to appear in NEET for external candidate of 12th RBSE?

Yes you are absolutely eligible to apply for " NEET Exam " once you have completed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Biology are the main subjects whether it is in distance mode or in regular.

For the details about the eligibility criteria you should satisfy the below criteria.

Eligibility for NEET Exam :

<> Must have completed 12th with minimum 50% of marks for Gen and there is a relaxation for SC/ST and OBC about 10%.

<> Minimum Age : 17 years

Maximum Age : 25 years.
8th September 2015, 01:10 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,
I have passed my 12th from External Board in RBSE. Am I eligible for NEET or not? Please let me know about this. Thank you in advance.
No, RBSE student are not eligible for NEET entrance exam.

NEET stands for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subject are eligible for NEET exam. At 10+2 level you need to secure minimum 50% of marks in physics, chemistry and biology taken together.

Your minimum age should be above 17 years.
8th September 2015, 01:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

NEET stands for the National Eligibility cum Entrance test and was conducted earlier by the Central Board of Secondary Education for the MBBS and BDS course. But now this entrance exam is replaced by the All India Pre Medical test for undergraduate courses like MBBS and BDS.

Eligibility criteria for AIPMT course:

>>Candidate must have passed or appearing for the 10+2 board exams from a recognized board. Your subjects combination in 10+2 must include Physics, Chemistry and Biology. Minimum of 50% in 10+2 is required to appear for this exam.

>>The minimum age required to appear for the exam is 17 years on the 31st December of year of admission.

If you have passed 12th from RBSE and have 50% marks at least in it, then you can apply for the AIPMT exam next year in 2016.
8th September 2015, 08:05 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Be updated with the latest news, National Eligibility cum Entrance exam is no more conducted at national level by the CBSE. All India Pre Medical test is now conducted by the CBSE for medical undergraduate courses like MBBS, BDS courses.

Eligibility criteria:

~You must have passed or appearing for the 10+2 from a recognized board. RBSE is a recognized state education board. Hence if you have passed your 10+2 from RBSE with PCB subject group then you can appear for the AIPMT exam.

~Minimum age is 17 years.
8th September 2015, 08:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you have done your XII with physics, chemistry and biology from a recognized board of education then you will be definitely eligible for NEET. RBSE is a recognized state board and you shouldn't worry about anything.

Just make sure that you have got at least 50% marks in your XII PCM subjects. NEET asks for percentage and you must fulfill it before applying.
10th September 2015, 04:47 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for NEET:

> You need to be a citizen of India.

> You need to be a higher secondary passed out candidate from a recognized board to give this exam

> You should have studied physics, chemistry and biology as compulsory subject in 10+2 level to sit for this exam since it is for science students only

> At 10+2 level you should have secured a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology taken together

> For SC/ST candidates there is a percentage relaxation. They need to get 45% of marks inspite of 50% of marks in PCM.

> Final year students can also apply for this examination

> Your minimum age should be 17 years when applying for this exam

> There is an upper age limit of upto 5 years for the reserved category candidates.

> You will be allowed to give this exam for 3 times only.
15th July 2020, 07:56 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I am NRI lives in US, my query is that I have taken AP Chemistry and Physics in 11th grade and will be taking AP Biology in the 12th. For all the three sciences we have labs. Also, in my school, we cannot take all three sciences together in 11th and 12th. Taking this information into consideration, can you please let me know if I'm eligible for NEET?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?