2nd June 2016, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to become an Aeronautical Engineer after 10th?

I have scored 97.2 percentage in my class 10th and I want to become an aerospace engineer. What group should I choose to pursue my goal?

2nd June 2016, 09:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become an Aeronautical Engineer after 10th?

To become an Aeronautical Engineer, you must have to pursue Higher Secondary course with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. After completion of your 12th standard, you need to appear in Engineering entrance examinations like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, EAMCET, KCET, etc.,. By qualifying the entrance examination, you can get admission in Aeronautical Engineering course.
2nd June 2016, 11:18 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

If your goal is to become an Aeronautical Engineer then, you need to follow the below mentioned procedure after completion of your 10th standard in order to achieve your goal :-

>> You should have to pursue Higher Secondary course with Non-Medical Science stream or Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering course from a Government recognised board. The duration of Higher Secondary course is 3 years and Higher Secondary course is 2 years.

>> If you pursue Higher Secondary course with Non-Medical Science stream after completion of your 10th standard then, you need to appear in National level or State level Engineering entrance examinations to get admission in first year of Engineering course.

>> If you pursue Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering course after completion of our 10th standard then, you need to appear in Lateral Entry examinations conducted by your respective state board of technical education to get admission in second year of Engineering course.

After completion of your final year Aeronautical Engineering course with good aggregate marks and subject knowledge from a recognised university, you will become an Aeronautical Engineer.
3rd June 2016, 12:01 AM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

HOW TO BECOME AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER AFTER 12TH

** To become Aeronautical Engineer first of all you should need to apply 12th science.

** After completion of 12th class you need to take admission in B.tech Aeronautical engineering course.

** The entry into colleges offering AE is based on the All India Entrance exams.

** For this examination the applicant must have completed your 12th standard with PCM and need to score minimum of 60%.
3rd June 2016, 02:43 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You should first of all complete your 12th class and try to score well in your examination it should be your first priority as of now. After completion of your 12th boards, you should opt for JEE(Mains) examination and after scoring well in your examination you might be very much eligible to opt for getting admission in any good Institute to pursue Aeronautical Engineering course.

You should choose PCM group.
3rd June 2016, 01:31 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have scored 97.2 percentage in my class 10th and I want to become an aerospace engineer. What group should I choose to pursue my goal?

The aspirant has two options one is to choose Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering and the other one is to study 12th with PCM and B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering.
For studying Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering, the eligibility to study the course is a pass in 10th standard. The duration of the course is 3 years. The course is available in many institutions in India.
For studying B.Tech Aeronautical Engineering, the eligibility is a pass in 12th standard with PCM with over 50% marks. The duration of the course is 4 years. The marks scored in the 12th standard are considered for the admission. The course is available in various universities in India.
3rd June 2016, 02:08 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The minimum criteria required to pursue aeronautical engineering is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination in science stream from a recognized board of education.

After completion of class 12 examination, one has to appear for Joint entrance examination(JEE) conducted by IITs every year for admission to various engineering courses.
3rd June 2016, 05:11 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The minimum qualification required for doing engineering in any discipline is 12th passed or appearing from any recognized board and your subjects must include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics along with English.

If you want to do Aerospace engineering from top institutes of India like IITs or NITs, you will have to apply for Joint Entrance examination and crack both stages of this exam like main and advanced. The percentage of marks required in 12th for JEE Main is 50% and for Advanced is 75%.

You have good marks in 10th board exam and now you can pursue 12th in science stream with mathematics to apply for JEE. You can also join any coaching for JEE preparation.
3rd June 2016, 06:10 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You can make your career in aerospace sector by two ways.
First option for you is that you will study 12th standard and then go for bachelor degree in aeronautical engineering. For admission in well reputed institute you must have to qualify their entrance exam. The best institute to study aeronautical study is Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology. You will get admission in this institute if you score excellent marks in the Admission Test ISAT.
The second option you have is go for diploma after completion of your matriculation. After that you can get direct admission in the second year of your bachelor degree in aeronautical engineering.
3rd June 2016, 08:13 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

You have scored a better aggregate in 10th board examination but you need to maintain it in your 10+2 board and other entrance examination.

To admission in engineering course the minimum required qualification is 10+2 from any recognised board with PCM or PCM.

To get admission in Aerospace engineering you must have passed 10+2 with PCM but you have to qualify in entrance examination as according to institute in which you want to get admission.

So, right now you need to focus on your 10+2 and entrance examination ( JEE, BISAT etc.)for qualifying in it.
3rd June 2016, 10:27 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You should opt for PCM stream in class 11th if you are interested in becoming an aeronautical engineer. After completion of class 12th you can apply for exams like JEE Main for admission in B.Tech in aeronautical engineering.

Admission in top colleges like IITs is possible only on the basis of merit through JEE Main and Advanced. Hence, be prepared for these stages.
4th June 2016, 01:02 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You need pursue for Higher Secondary course with combination of Physics, Mathematics and Computer Science stream. Once after completing Plus two you need to pursue for B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineer or you can also pursue for Diploma in Aeronautical Engineer after completing 10th standard.
21st June 2017, 09:44 AM
Unregistered

What should I do to become an aeronautical engineer after complete graduation with (59%) in pcm?
24th June 2023, 10:08 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

To become an Aeronautical Engineer after completing the 10th grade, follow these steps:

Choose the Science Stream: After completing the 10th grade, you should enroll in the science stream (Science Group) in 11th and 12th grade. This typically includes subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Having a strong foundation in these subjects is essential for pursuing a career in Aeronautical Engineering.

Perform Well in High School: Focus on your studies and strive for good grades in the science subjects. A strong academic performance will increase your chances of gaining admission to reputable colleges or universities offering Aeronautical Engineering programs.

Research Aeronautical Engineering Programs: Start researching colleges or universities that offer Aeronautical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering programs. Look for institutions with a good reputation in the field, accreditation, experienced faculty, and strong industry connections. Consider factors such as infrastructure, research opportunities, and the curriculum of the programs offered.

Prepare for Engineering Entrance Exams: In many countries, engineering entrance exams are required for admission to Aeronautical Engineering programs. Research the specific entrance exams required by the institutions you are interested in and start preparing for them. These exams may include subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and sometimes, a section on logical reasoning or English.

Gain Admission to an Aeronautical Engineering Program: Apply to the colleges or universities offering Aeronautical Engineering programs based on their admission procedures and criteria. Make sure to complete the application process within the specified deadlines. Prepare the necessary documents, such as academic transcripts, certificates, and any required entrance exam scores.

Pursue a Bachelor's Degree in Aeronautical Engineering: Once you gain admission to an Aeronautical Engineering program, complete the Bachelor's degree. The program typically lasts for four years and provides in-depth knowledge and practical skills in areas like aerodynamics, aircraft structures, propulsion systems, flight mechanics, control systems, and more. Engage actively in your coursework, participate in practical projects, and seek internships or co-op opportunities to gain hands-on experience in the field.

Gain Practical Experience: Look for opportunities to gain practical experience in the aerospace industry during your undergraduate program. Seek internships, apprenticeships, or cooperative education programs offered by aerospace companies, research institutions, or government organizations. This practical experience will enhance your skills and provide valuable industry exposure.
30th June 2023, 11:46 PM
A Erenbeni Ovung
Banned

To become an aeronautical engineer after 10th grade, you will need to follow a specific educational path. Here are the essential steps:

1. Complete your high school education: After 10th grade, proceed to complete your 11th and 12th grades in the science stream, preferably with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as your core subjects.

2. Pursue a bachelor's degree: After completing high school, you should enroll in a bachelor's degree program in Aeronautical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering. This typically takes four years to complete and provides you with a solid foundation in the field.

3. Gain practical experience: Alongside your studies, try to gain practical experience in the field. Look for internship opportunities or part-time jobs at aviation companies, research organizations, or related industries. This will enhance your knowledge and provide valuable hands-on experience.

4. Specialize in aeronautical engineering: During your bachelor's program, consider choosing a specialization within aeronautical engineering, such as aerodynamics, flight mechanics, propulsion systems, or aircraft design. This will help you develop expertise in a particular area of interest.

5. Obtain a master's degree (optional): While not mandatory, pursuing a master's degree in Aeronautical Engineering can provide you with advanced knowledge and greater career prospects. It usually takes an additional two years after completing your bachelor's degree.

6. Stay updated and engage in continuous learning: The field of aeronautical engineering is constantly evolving. Stay updated with the latest advancements, technological developments, and scientific research. Engage in workshops, conferences, and online courses to keep expanding your knowledge.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?