7th January 2015, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Engineering related courses available for 12th Commerce student?

Sir
I have taken commerce in my 11th CBSE
But now I am interested in engineering....
I want to study any engineering course
Please tell me any engineering course tht I can
do after my 12th if I am studying with commerce
Thank you!

12th January 2015, 08:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Engineering related courses available for 12th Commerce student?

No, you cannot do any Engineering course after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream. To be eligible to pursue Engineering course, you must have completed 12th standard or equivalent in Science stream with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board. Since, you have not completed your 12th standard in Science stream, you are not eligible to pursue Engineering course. But, you can pursue higher studies in courses like B.Com or C.A course after completion of your 12th standard with Commerce stream.
18th March 2015, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have take commerce in class 12th and how I make a mechanical engineer
21st March 2015, 08:01 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Sorry to say thay but You can't take Mechanical engineering because if you want to go for engineering you must clear the entrance test AIEEE - ALL INDIA ENGINEERING ENTRANCE EXAM , and without studying PCM you cannot clear AIEEE exam
This exam will held for all India students who wants to became engineer, after scoring in this paper you will got the admission according to your marks
Thats why you are not eligible for engineering , if you wanna go for software engineer then choose BCA
If you really wanna go for mechanical engineering you can try in private colleges , may be they gave you admission but they are not recognised colleges
21st March 2015, 11:39 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Yes of cause buddy you can enter in engineering course but you have to face some difficulty in this as you are not a Non-Medical student.

I have a solution for you.First of all complete your 12th with the course which you are doing now i.e. commerce.

After that you take admission in diploma from the trade through which you want to do b.tech.

This is a three year course.After completing diploma you are eligible for taking admission in B.Tech through LEET Entry.

Using LEET Entry Scheme you directly get admission in 2nd year in B.Tech.

Best of Luck.
1st April 2015, 12:34 AM
SmilyRishu

I suggest to you is that you are not eligible to enter in the engineering related courses as you have no touch with the science subjects like physics, chemistry etc.
So my suggestion to you is that you should have to make your career in your field. Don't worry your field is also very vast.

You can make your future in Bachelor of commerce. It is a very good and common choice after completing 12th standard from commerce.
2nd June 2016, 11:03 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am 12th commerce passed now can I take deploma in mechanical engineering
6th June 2016, 04:37 AM
Adhayay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
Thank you!
Sorry to say, but my friend you cannot pursue Engineering after completing your 12th standard with commerce.
To become an engineer one has clear engineering entrance exams. For the entrance exams you have to study in 12th standard in science stream with maths, physics and chemistry subjects.
Commerce students cannot become Engineers.
25th September 2016, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

Hello,I am a commerce student graduate would be eligible to study mechanical engineering with A in core science B in agriculture and C in mathematics?
30th September 2016, 10:17 AM
Rohit5142

Thumbs up Re: Engineering related courses available for 12th Commerce student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir
Thank you!
Sorry for this, you cannot do any engineering course after opting Commerce in class 11th. But don't get disappointed, for a Commerce fellow also, there are lots of job opportunities to move to. You can choose arts also. But there aren't any provision for opting Science after you have opted Commerce.
Thanks
7th October 2017, 08:32 PM
Unregistered

Actually I did some research, there may be a way , you can complete 12th commerce and then if you like you can do BCA and side by side you can do 12 again through NIOS national institute of open schooling, then do part time mechanical engineering or any other engineering ,
or you can do BE without doing BCA ,

This I have researched because I'm a commerce graduate in 12th and did BCom then did MCA master of computer applications, now I'm a software engineer, but engineering is my interest hobby n passion so searching, you google this information.

All the best - whomever found this and if it's helpful then I'm happy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?