1st March 2018, 01:06 PM
Unregistered

In which entrance exam I have to appear to enter in Defence Academy?

I am studying in 9th standard of CBSE School. I like to join Defence. I would like to join Indian Army after my 10th. For this aim, what entrance exam is? I want to know the entrance exam to enter in Defence Service.

8th March 2018, 08:56 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear to enter in Defence Academy?

To join in Defence Academy, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by UPSC. To join in Defence Academy, you have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. You should be an unmarried male candidate.

3. You should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years of age.

4. You should have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a Government recognised board.

5. You should be physically as well as mentally healthy.
8th March 2018, 09:43 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear to enter in Defence Academy?

As you have mentioned in the thread that you are interested to join Defence, then first, you have to complete 12th after that you can apply for Indian Army direct or also through NDA.
9th March 2018, 05:19 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to enter in the Defense Academy, you must have to complete your class 12th examination. Then you must have to apply for the NDA examination.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th examination from a recognized Board can very much apply for the NDA examination.
Candidates age must be in between 16.5 to 18.5 years.
9th March 2018, 05:41 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

If you want to join defense service as an officer, you have to appear and qualify for NDA entrance examination which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

But, if you want to get recruitment as a soldier in defense service, you can appear in various recruitment rally conducted by Indian Army.

The candidates have to qualify in Physical, Written, and Medical test for final selection.

For updates about recruitment in your region keep visiting local newspaper and magazine.

For recruitment through NDA the required minimum qualification is 12th.
9th March 2018, 06:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

If you are interested to join in Defence Academy then, you have to appear in NDA examination which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. Candidates who have passed 12th standard or an equivalent examination from a recognised board and those who are unmarried male candidates in the age range of 16.5 to 19.5 years are eligible to appear in NDA examination for joining in Defence Academy.
9th March 2018, 07:46 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

As far as you are concerned about joining Indian Army after completion of your Class 10th then as per your educational qualification you can join Indian Army as a tradesmen.

Further, for joining as a tradesmen you are required to qualify the recruitment rally followed by common entrance examination and for such recruitment the notifications are released on the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.

Apart from tradesmen entry, you can join Indian Army as a clerk or commissioned officer once you complete your Class 12th academics. For details regarding different entries in Indian Army you can refer to the link provided above.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?