23rd November 2016, 03:07 PM
Unregistered

How to become a space engineer for ISRO or NASA?

My dream is to be a space engineer and I want to work for ISRO or NASA. How will I get admission in IIST, after completing 12th exam? What is the application date for 2017. Please clarify.

23rd November 2016, 06:48 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a space engineer for ISRO or NASA?

To join NASA or ISRO after the completion of class 12th, you first have to opt a Graduation degree course in either Engineering field or in Physical Science subjects from a recognised University with a good score in Graduation.
Once you have completed your Graduation degree in any of the above mentioned department, you should then complete your Ph.D degree in any of Astrophysics, Geophysics, Metaphysics etc.
Then appear in the entrance examination conducted by NASA, qualifying in which you can successfully join NASA.
23rd November 2016, 07:03 PM
Shilpi Mishr

Dear student ,
For becoming space engineer so as to work for I.S.R.O and N.A.S.A, you have to do a study of astronomy from a reputed engineering college ,if you crack I.I.T exam then , you have to take astronomy as your optional subject ,and the rest prescribed P.C.M subjects will be there in which Maths will be your main and prior subject .You need to study physics and astronomy simultaneously to become space engineer .
Thank you .
Best of luck .
24th November 2016, 12:07 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You should have a PhD degree in Astrophysics/Metaphysics, etc from a recognized university. After that if you wish to get admission in the above mentioned organization, you will have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the organization mentioned above and can very much get into it after clearing the entrance test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?