14th June 2015, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

How can I get admission in 10th CBSE if completed 9th ICSE?

Sir,
I have passed 9th standard from ICSE Board.
I want to know the procedure for getting
admission after passing class 9th in 10th CBSE.
What I have to do for the admission?
Kindly help me.

15th June 2015, 08:37 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get admission in 10th CBSE if completed 9th ICSE?

ICSE stands for Indian Certificate of Secondary Education and the CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education.

You can easily get admission in your 10th class after completing your 9th class from ICSE.

You simply need following documents a the time of your admission in any of the CBSE school :

** A migration certificate.

** A character certificate.

** Passport size photograph.

** Duly filled admission form.

** Your residence proof.

** A date of birth certificate of any other proof.

After submitting all above listed documents you can easily got admission in any of the school under CBSE.
15th June 2015, 10:50 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry to let you know that you are not eligible for admission in Standard 10th of a CBSE school having done your Standard 9th with any other board.

To be eligible for 10th board examinations one needs qualifications given below:-

One must have completed in Standard 9th with CBSE school as the registration for the board examination is done in the Class 9th only.

Also age of candidate at the time of board examination must be above 14 years and 4 months.

So you are not eligible for admission in 10th standard directly but one you get admitted in the Standard 9th of CBSE school you will be eligible for same next year meaning a loss of an academic year which would not be a good option.

So you should stick with your present board as its academic syllabus is more practical than the same of CBSE which will help you in understanding your senior secondary education in easier way that a CBSE student of same class.
15th June 2015, 05:25 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

If a School which is affiliated under the CBSE Board is willing to give you admission in Class 10 then only you will be allowed to change to CBSE Board otherwise you will not be able to change your Board.
The chances for you to change the Board is a lot less as the CBSE Board Class 10 result is a combination of the Class 9 and Class 10 result nowadays instead of only the Class 10 results.
So if any School gives you admission then you will be able to change your Board otherwise not.
15th June 2015, 06:49 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, obviously you can change your school after 9th standard from ICSE to CBSE school. But for that you will probably have to follow certain steps mentioned below;

You will have to satisfy the following criteria below:

> Applicant should have completed 9th standard as a regular candidate and there should nt e any gap in between his/her studies.

> Applicant should have completed his/her 9th standard from an institution affiliated by CBSE.

> Applicant may get admission to a new CBSE school only if his/her parents are transferred /shifted from one place to another.

> Applicant should carry previous year, i.e. 9th mark sheet along with the Transfer Certificate and character certificate, all duly attested from previous school of the board concerned.

As your new school will be a CBSE board, you will probably have to have an Affidavit, citing the reasons for it.
15th June 2015, 09:05 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

I am extremely sorry to state that it is not possible to change from ICSE to CBSE curriculum in 10th standard. This is because :-

- The registration in Board is done in standard 9th itself.
- No school takes fresh admission in 10th unless genuine reason and bright student.
15th June 2015, 09:27 PM
reconnect

Sorry to say but it is very difficult to get admitted in class 10th of CBSE if you completed class 9th with ISCE board.
If there is any school which allow you for this than it is good otherwise it is very hard.
Your registration of class 9th is from ISCE so it is a great issue to register yourself in CBSE for 10th.
Documents Required-
Transfer certificate
Character certificate
Migration certificate.
Good luck
15th June 2015, 11:12 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

ICSE stands for Indian Certificate of Secondary Education.
CBSE stands for Central Board of Secondary Education.

Both are the independent board which conducts secondary, higher secondary and higher studies.

It is not possible for any students to change their board to get admission in CBSE based school in 10th after completing 9th from ICSE based school or vice-versa.
Students can only change school affiliated to the same board in 10th after 9th.
Students are free to change boards after 10th to take admission in 11th .

So, you are not eligible to change your school affiliated to other board.
21st June 2018, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

My daughter pass 9th from icse in jagadhri haryana now my family shift to gujrat, gandhidham here a school of cbse affiliated savvy international give her admission in 10th is that possible my daughter continue her study in 10th this year me & my daughter is in big pressure please response soon
5th February 2019, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

Can my son who has passed 9th class from icse board can get admission in army public school affiliated to cbse board on my transfer from one place to another place ?
9th October 2019, 06:23 PM
Unregistered

After passing 12th board exam can i give 12th board exam again in different stream in the same board?
18th March 2020, 11:16 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to take admission in 10the cbse if I passed my 9the from icse
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?