26th February 2015, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

How can I prepare to score good marks in English subject for 12th CBSE Board exam?

Hello Sir
I am very weak in English...
I got only 48 marks in 11th class
of CBSE Board in Delhi.......
kindly tell me some tips that
help me to prepare for English exam
in 12th CBSE Board exam
Thank you and regards-

Related Questions:
  1. How to prepare for 12th CBSE board exam?
  2. How may I score well in 100 marks board paper of English? Any special preparations required?
  3. How can I score 90% in CBSE 12th board exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Is it possible to reappear in 12th CBSE if missed out improvement exam? Can I apply for 12th UP State Board?
  5. CBSE Board and reference books for the preparation of 12th CBSE board exam?
  6. Can I reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam after a gap of 2 years?
  7. List of CBSE Boarding Schools which offer admission in Higher Secondary Commerce at Jalgaon? How can I prepare to score good marks in 12th CBSE of Boarding school? -- [New]
  8. How should I prepare for board exam of CBSE class 12th to score more than 95%
  9. How to prepare for PCM subject of class 12th CBSE board?
  10. Suitable books for CBSE 12th Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, English and Maths?
  11. Which book is the best to score good marks in 12th CBSE in various subjects like Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, English, Physical Education? Are mock test papers best for the preparation?
  12. Can we repeat 12th class by MP board after passing 12th by CBSE
  13. Is there any provision for re-appearing for CBSE board in all the subjects?
  14. Should I aim to score in entrance exam or board exam? Will the preparation of CBSE board be enough for AIEEE exam?
  15. What score should I obtain in NATA? For which colleges am I eligible? I have secured 76% marks in 12th board CBSE
  16. How to score above 95% in 12th CBSE?
  17. How much percentage to score to get in BCA after 12th? Can I do BCA after 12th without Maths?
  18. List of good colleges to do BBA, B.Com after scoring 80% marks in 12th board examination?
28th February 2015, 10:42 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to score good marks in English subject for 12th CBSE Board exam?

Tips to score good marks in 12th CBSE English exam :-

- You need to practice a lot to score good marks in CBSE 12th English exam since your previous record is not bright.
- First of all buy a good guide book, you can go for oxford publications or golden publications.
- Understand the chapters from the guide book thoroughly.
- Since there are various writing portions in the exam, hence accuracy, speed and vocabulary is essential. Thus you need to practice a lot of them by restricting yourself within a time limit. Get your write-ups evaluated by English teacher.
- Get acquainted with the format of various writing portions.
- Frame your own answers for the literature part and compare it with the guide book's answer and get it evaluated by the teacher.
- Practice previous years' papers.
- Lastly be confident and believe in yourself and try to deliver your best.
4th April 2015, 11:34 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I prepare to score good marks in English subject for 12th CBSE Board exam?

To score good marks in English . It requires hard practice on writing section with giving proper attention to grammatical error . As you can easily score marks in this section as compared to literature section.

There is no grammar section in class 12 th . There is a Novel also so going through the section many times will allow you also in scoring good in the section .

So finally by giving the attention to both you will score well in English.
5th April 2015, 02:57 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

For good marks in English subject of 12th class , you have to do hard work ,
>Practice again and again for letters , articles , debates, Notice, poster making and speech
>Focus on literature section firstly Read out all chapters summary with full concentration then go for long type questions
from last two year a novel in added in 12th class. read out the novel and learn all question and character sketch of novel , >Generally a character sketch may ask in Board Exams
Now you have to focus on reading section learn all the rules of Note making ,summary writing

Note** Your paper must be neat and clean.
** Handwriting should be clear
5th April 2015, 03:09 PM
Tanveer2308

First of all purchase a guide book.
Study book as calmly as possible.
Make your own notes.
Read english newspaper to improve your skills.
Try to write an article on any topic daily.
Don't forget to study previous year papers.
And one main point - while giving exam,keep your handwriting clear and don't forget to underline the main points of your answer with pencil.
Underling the main point will make checker only to read the main points.
These ideas definitely works.
5th April 2015, 06:23 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To score good marks in English of 12th CBSE board examination you should not have to worry to much and you are required to follow the tips given below :-

-->> You should just look to understand the theme of fiction and poetry rather than looking to learn the whole .

-->> You should practice your writing section by doing this you will have the right idea about the format of letters , email , application , story writing etc. which is very important for securing good marks .

-->> You should be looking to not make grammatical errors to avoid marks deduction as you are too old for making such errors .

-->> You should look to solve sample papers of English based upon the pattern of current examinations to sort out the above problems and to be confident about the pattern of question .

At last i will like to say you that ,give equal importance to English not just take your main streams seriously .
5th April 2015, 07:17 PM
DineshKumar_01

Tips to score good marks in English subject in 12th CBSE Board exam:
1. First, you need to spend more times in studying the English subject.
2. You need to know the full syllabus of English 12th CBSE board.
3. You need to attend the writing exam in English because that will help you to know the English words, spelling and easy to identify the grammatical error.
4. If you have any doubts in English you can clear it by asking teachers.
5. If you do not know any word meaning, then use dictionary for it.
28th June 2020, 11:25 PM
soumitnanda

Hello buddy,
English is an easy subject. But it comes with good englis vocabulary , you need to work hard on your vocabulary. Your writing skills has to be improved. You need to keep the summary of the chapters in the tip of your tongue.
You need to keep the short stories in your mind and memorize then,
you have to write a lot during the exam as the paper comprises of essays , letters , story writng and of course the literature part.
you need to maintain a good handwriting as well.
Purchase a good guide which will help you out aswell.
I hope this works for you. Thank you.
All the best for the exams.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?