30th June 2014, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

Minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in IIT?

Hello
I have got 65% in 10th board exams
how much % I can do in 12th board exams
that I can get admission in a good college for IIT??????
waiting for your reply

16th October 2014, 10:24 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in IIT?

To get admission in IIT's, you need to appear and qualify the JEE Main and Advance examinations. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear for the JEE Main examination.

Candidates who have qualified and who are in the top 1,50,000 rank of the JEE Main examination are eligible to appear for the JEE Advanced examination. And also the candidate must be in top 20 percentile of high scorers of their 12th standard board exams. After qualifying the JEE Main and Advance examination, based upon your exam rank, you can get admission in IIT's or other top institutions.
19th March 2015, 02:58 PM
sachin200792

Now that some rules have changed in the selection process of IITs, your board marks are also considered in the admission process. You have to be in the top 20 percentile of students passed out of the board exams that you are appearing for. You can appear in any of the recognised board in India. This top 20 percentile threshold generally ends up being around 82-84% marks.

Candidates have to qualify JEE Main within the top 1,50,000 ranks to qualify for the JEE advanced. So in effect you must have both of these, just one will not get you into IITs. Every year more than approximately 11,00,000 students appear for the JEE Main exam and some of them are selected for JEE Advanced on the above mentioned criteria. Even if you make it to JEE Advanced by getting a top rank and you fail to be in top 20 percentile of Board candidates, you will be denied admission in IITs. So you can assume that you have to score better than 85% in class 12th board exams to get into IIT.

Your class 10th board marks have no affect on your admission process. So you don't need to worry about that.
20th March 2015, 03:48 PM
dsnuggler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello
I have got 65% in 10th board exams
how much % I can do in 12th board exams
that I can get admission in a good college for IIT??????
waiting for your reply
You have to get at least 60% for the same. But, if you are an SC/ST candidate you need 55% for being eligible for writing the jee entrance.
21st March 2015, 12:20 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

For getting admission in IIT college, first of all you have to give JEE exam i.e. Joint Entrance Exam. As if you qualify in this exam then you have to do counselling for different IIT Colleges across India.After Counselling college will be allotted to you and you just visit there and complete all admission formalities.

Basically the Eligibility for IIT entrance exams are :-

Student must passed in 12th exam with minimum 60%.
For SC/ST student the % will be minimum 55%.
Only three chances are given to general category students while five are given to SC/ST students.
21st March 2015, 06:43 PM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

for IIT's you must clear the JEE (MAIN) and JEE (ADVANCE) exam , after 12th class ,Percentage doesn't matter
JEE stands for JOINT ENTRANCE EXAM or we can say AIEEE - All India Entrance Exam

**Top 1,00,000 - 1,00,000 candidates can be selected for IIT's from all INDIA, so if you wanna join IIT then go for Preparations otherwise you also go for NIIT's

Eligibility Criteria for JEE (MAIN)
>> Student pass with minimum of 60 % in 12 class
>> For SC and ST minimum marks are 55%

*All question are MCQ in JEE exam, for every right answer gives you +4 marks and every answer Gives you -1 marks
*A total of 90 question are ask in the exam , 30 questions from each subject PHYSICS , CHEMISTRY , MATHS
22nd March 2015, 08:44 AM
aadhihosur123

Lightbulb Re: Minimum percentage required in 12th to get admission in IIT?

The students are given admisions to IITs and other prestigious institutions like NITs based on their merit in the advanced and mains level in the Joint Entrance Examination, written usually after their 12th grade.

The main eligibility for students is to maintain an aggregate of 60% in their twelfth grade.
It is fixed at 55% for SC/ST quota reservation.

Usually 9000 rank holders may obtain a chance for counselling in IITs and the rest can join the NITs. NIT ranks have home state privilage also, the rank limits may go up to 30,000.(ranks specified for OPEN category alone )
2nd April 2015, 12:05 AM
amanshrivastava98

To get admission in IIT you have to go through the new pattern of the JEE which is called the JEE Advanced.

According to norms of the AICTE the minimum qualifying percentage for a candidate to write the JEE, is 60% for General candidates and 55% for the Reserved categories.
1st October 2015, 12:53 AM
gokul ka raja

There is as a elligibility you must pass for iit exam in 12th. But this not a satisfying score because rank of iit is based on both 12tjh and iit score.
There is 60%iit score and 40%12th weitage.
Then you also get good marks for iit seat.
18th January 2016, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

What is JEE Advance and JEE Main, which type of Syllabus i get for both the entrace exam?
7th June 2017, 06:18 PM
Unregistered

I scored 58%marks in HSC board with 116 grouping marks(phy,chem,maths),my jee advance score will be84. Am i eligible for iit or any engineering college?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?