22nd December 2015, 08:17 AM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have 12th for further studies or Polytechnic will do?

I have studied Polytechnic after 10th. Now i want to study further. But i dont know if it is possible to study further after Polytechnic. So tell me if i need to study 12th or i can study further on Polytechnic basis?

22nd December 2015, 09:38 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

Thumbs up Re: Is it necessary to have 12th for further studies or Polytechnic will do?

Don't worry ,you can study further on the basis of polytechnic. You should appear in the LEET entrance exam after polytechnic to get admission in B.tech 2nd year. Admissions are provided on the basis of merit list generated by LEET exam marks. If you score good marks you will be get admission in any good college , Means in which college will you get admission it totally depends on the marks you scored in the entrance exam. Remember one more thing you will get admission in the college according to your polytechnic stream or subjects.
22nd December 2015, 10:04 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have 12th for further studies or Polytechnic will do?

You can very much study further after completion of your Polytechnic, there is no harm in it. You just cannot apply for jobs or those courses whose eligibility is +2 level, other than that you can go for higher studies and there is absolutely no harm in it.
22nd December 2015, 01:44 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have 12th for further studies or Polytechnic will do?

Yes, definitely you can study further on the basis polytechnic also.
You can appear in the entrance exam on the basis of 12th or equivalent examination.

You can either go for a degree course or any entrance exam.
22nd December 2015, 06:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

On the basis of polytechnic diploma you can get admission only through lateral entry in the same stream degree. On the basis of class 12th you will get admission in first year of the degree course.

Hence, higher education is surely possible after diploma but it will be a limited stream according to your diploma qualification. After class 12th you will have wide range of course to choose from.
22nd December 2015, 09:44 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, there is no need to study 12th standard if you have already pursued Polytechnic course after completion of your 12th standard. Candidates who have pursued Polytechnic course can pursue their higher studies in B.E/B.Tech course. To get admission in B.E/B.Tech course, you must have to appear in Lateral Entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, you can get admission in second year of four years B.E/B.Tech course.
22nd December 2015, 11:39 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have studied Polytechnic after 10th. Now i want to study further. But i dont know if it is possible to study further after Polytechnic. So tell me if i need to study 12th or i can study further on Polytechnic basis?

You can study B.E or B.Tech courses with your Diploma course. You don’t need to study 12th standard. You can apply through lateral entry to the Engineering courses like B.Tech or B.E. There will be an entrance examination for the admission. You have to contact the engineering colleges for the admission. You will be admitted directly to the 2nd year of the engineering course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?