20th June 2015, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to join Indian Police Service for a candidate who has secured 59% in Higher Secondary?

Dear Sir,
I have got 59% in Higher secondary exam in Commerce stream.
I want to join IPS(Indian Police Service). I would like to know that
with this percentage I can join Indian Police Service after my Graduation?
Please reply as soon as possible.

21st June 2015, 05:34 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Police Service for a candidate who has secured 59% in Higher Secondary?

Yes you can surely become an IPS officer and can surely opt for IPS entrance examination after having scored 59% in your 12th standard as the minimum eligibility to be able to appear for the Civil Service Examination is that the candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any Discipline from a recognized University.

Therefore, you can opt for civil service examination after the completion of your after your graduation in order to become an IPS officer.
21st June 2015, 05:36 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to join Indian Police Service for a candidate who has secured 59% in Higher Secondary?

Yes you can surely become an IPS officer and can surely opt for IPS entrance examination after having scored 59% in your 12th standard as the minimum eligibility to be able to appear for the Civil Service Examination is that the candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any Discipline from a recognized University.

Therefore, you can opt for civil service examination after the completion of your after your graduation in order to become an IPS officer.
21st June 2015, 07:28 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you are eligible to apply for " IPS (Indian Police Service Examination ) with your percentage criteria is concerned. For further details you can have a look on the following details.

To know the eligibility criteria you can also visit the Official website of UPSC for the Notification details.

Eligibility Criteria of Indian Police Services :

>> You should complete at least graduation from the recognized University with minimum percentage of marks.

>> There is No specific requirement of percentage required for Indian Police Services.

>> Age should be in between these limits.

* Minimum Age : 21 years

* Maximum Age : 30 years.

>> There is a Age relaxation allowed for the reserved candidates.

>> Final year candidates of graduation are also eligible to apply for IPS.

In fact, IAS/IPS is conducted by UPSC once in every year in the month of August.
21st June 2015, 09:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I have got 59% in Higher secondary exam in Commerce stream.
I want to join IPS(Indian Police Service). I would like to know that
with this percentage I can join Indian Police Service after my Graduation?
Please reply as soon as possible.
Yes, you can join IPS exam after completion of your graduation degree.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam. IPS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
21st June 2015, 11:13 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, there is a possibility for you to join Indian Police Services after having secured even 59% marks in Higher Secondary Education. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for joining "Indian Police Service" is Graduate Degree or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The other important thing you must notice is "There is no certain minimum percentage criteria is required in order to join Indian Police Service (IPS)". The basic eligibility criteria you are required to satisfy is " Graduate Degree Pass " from a recognized university. Yes, you can join "Indian Police Service (IPS)" after completion of Graduation (after passing) from a recognized university. There is no minimum percentage criteria is required, but as far as my knowledge is concerned the safe percentage is 60% marks in Graduation. In General, UPSC does not ask candidates to score certain percentage in order to be eligible but remember, Graduation Pass is mandatory.
21st June 2015, 11:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join in Indian Police Service after completion of your Graduation with 59% in your Higher Secondary Commerce stream. To join in Indian Police Service, you need to appear in IPS examination which is conducted by UPSC twice a year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree in any discipline stream from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and your maximum age should not exceed more than 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IPS examination notification.
29th June 2015, 11:34 PM
reconnect

Yes definitely you can definitely join the IPS( Indian Police Service ).
To become the IPS officier you must have to pass the UPSC exam.
A candidate should between the age of 21 years to 30 years.

The selection procedure is-
CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test)
Civil service Main Examination
Iterview
For more information you can visit the website-
http://www.gov.nic.in

Qualification:-A candidate should be graduate from any recognized university.
16th November 2017, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

I'm the student of BA 1st year and I have history English and political science subject. Can I apply for police officer post
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?