14th June 2015, 04:22 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service after completing 10th?

Hello Sir,
I am Vishal Singh Dagar. I want to ask that can I get the job in Indian Police after completion of my class 10th. I am an OBC category candidate. So what can I do for get in Indian Police Service?

15th June 2015, 08:15 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service after completing 10th?

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Police Service after completion of your 10th standard. To be eligible to join Indian Police Service, you must have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognsied university and you need to appear in IPS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria :-
1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules as mentioned below :-
--> OBC :- 3 Years
--> SC/ST :- 5 Years

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IPS examination notification.
15th June 2015, 08:46 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am Vishal Singh Dagar. I want to ask that can I get the job in Indian Police after completion of my class 10th. I am an OBC category candidate. So what can I do for get in Indian Police Service?
No, you are not eligible for Indian Police Service exam because you are not now in 12th standard.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Selection process for IPS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IPS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
15th June 2015, 10:48 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No you are not eligible to apply for Indian Police Service with a qualification of 10th. Actually only the candidates who have completed graduation from the recognized University are only eligible to apply for IPS Exam.

Even you are belonging to OBC category there is No option to apply for Indian Police Services with 10th qualification. To know more details about the Indian Police Service you can have a look on the below information.

Eligibility Criteria for UPSC civil's (IPS) :

>> You must complete at least graduation or any equivalent examination from the recognized university with minimum percentage of marks.

>> Age should be in between these limits.

* Minimum Age : 21 years

* Maximum Age : 30 years.

>> Being a OBC student you will have Age relaxation about 3 years to the Upper Age limit of 30 years. I.e., is about ( 33 years).

>> If you are very Excited about IPS then you can prepare during your graduation and you can apply in the final year for UPSC Civil's.

For more details you can visit the official website of UPSC.
15th June 2015, 12:37 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Police Service (IPS) after successful completion of 10th Class. Yes, the basic educational qualification required in order to be eligible for appearing IPS Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Candidates appearing in final year of Graduation are also eligible to join "Indian Police Service".

Educational Qualification:

>> Degree of a recognized university or its equivalent (Any stream in Graduation is accepted)

>> Candidates appearing in the requisite Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the Examination.

>> Since you have completed 10th Class, I suggest you to pursue 12th Class first and then Do graduation namely B.E/ B.Tech/ B.Sc/ B.A/ B.Com/ BBA/ BBM or any bachelor Degree based on your Interests.

Age Criteria:

@ Minimum Age - 21 years

@ Maximum Age - 30 years (For General Category Candidates)

@ Maximum Age - 33 years (For OBC Category Candidates)
15th June 2015, 05:31 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

At this time,you are not eligible to apply for the IPS exam. But, when you complete your Graduation degree,you can apply for the UPSC exam to get recruited as an IPS officer .

UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) conducts Civil Services Exam in order to make recruitment for various posts like IAS,IPS,IFS,etc.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services Exam are as under :-

-The educational qualification required for the exam is Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university .

-The age limit to apply for the exam is from 21 years to 30 years for general category candidates .The upper age limit is relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidate, 5 years for SC/ST candidates and 10 years for PWD .

-The exam process involves

* Preliminary Exam

* Main exam

* Personality Interview.

To get more details about the Civil Services Exam ,one can login to the official website of the UPSC : http://www.upsc.gov.in
11th January 2016, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am tenth completed and diploma failed cen I eligible to ts police sc candait
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?