9th April 2015, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service having 5'6" height and 58 kgs weight being a B.Com 2nd year student? Qualification required to join?

Friends,
I have passed my 2nd year and join degree for B.Com.
Now my height 5'6 and weight is 58kgs.
I really want to join India Police Service.
So, is this requirement is ok?
And I want to know other qualification
to join Indian Police Service?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I join Indian Navy if pursuing B.E.(EXTC) having 39 kgs weight and 5.5 feet height being 19 years old candidate? Minimum marks required in B.E. to join Indian Navy?
  2. Can I join Indian Navy if completed Master of Arts and having 61 kgs weight and 5'8" height being a 22 years old candidate?
  3. Am I eligible to apply for Indian Police Service exam after completing B.Com?
  4. Am I eligible to join Indian Army being a candidate with an age of 17 years and with a height of 172 cm, weight of 52kgs?
  5. Can I join Indian Army after scoring having a height of 171 Cm and weight of 69 Kg
  6. Am I eligible to join Indian Air Force if having 5'11" height and studying B.Com?
  7. How to join IPS being a candidate of pursuing 2nd year of Engineering?
  8. Am I eligible for the position of Constable being a candidate with a height of 166 cm and a weight of 60 kgs?
  9. Which posts am I eligible for Indian Navy being a girl? What are the Height and Weight requirements to join?
  10. Procedure to join Indian Air Force for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 2nd year student of 17 years old? Qualification required and age limit to apply?
  11. Eligibility to join Indian Forest Service for B.E. student?
  12. What is the height and weight required to join Indian Army?
  13. How can girls join Indian Navy? Which are the posts available for girls? Height and weight requirements for Girls?
  14. Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service if having scars on left hand and low eyesight?
  15. Am I eligible to join Indian Army after completing 12th Arts with 50%? Minimum and Maximum height required to join Indian Army?
  16. Eligibility to join Indian Administrative Service for M.Com candidate?
  17. How can I prepare for NDA exam? What should I study? What are the physical needs required for NDA? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I apply for Air Force Y group after passing 12th with 62%(Commerce)? Date and time of release of forms?
13th April 2015, 04:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service having 5'6" height and 58 kgs weight being a B.Com 2nd year student? Qualification required to join?

You are eligible for Indian Police Service Examination having height of 5'6" (5 feet 6 inches). The minimum height required to be eligible for this IPS Exam is "165" cms and as far as height calculations are concerned, your height is "167.6 cm" and its corresponding weight is accepted.

Your Height Calculations:

Your Height in feet and Inches - 5 feet 6 inches (5'6")

Convert into Cms - 167.6 cm

Explanation: (5'.12")+6" = 66" and 66".2.54 = 167.6 cm

Educational Qualification:

>> Candidates must have completed Minimum Graduation or Bachelor Degree from a recognized university/ institute.

>> Since you are pursuing 2nd B.Com at present, I suggest you to apply for IPS Exam next year.
13th April 2015, 08:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Police Service having 5'6" height and 58 kgs weight being a B.Com 2nd year student? Qualification required to join?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
I have passed my 2nd year and join degree for B.Com.
Now my height 5'6 and weight is 58kgs.
I really want to join India Police Service.
So, is this requirement is ok?
And I want to know other qualification
to join Indian Police Service?
B.Com 2nd year student are not eligible for Indian Police Service exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
14th April 2015, 11:54 AM
Ashwakh

As per your Height and Weight you are eligible to attend for the IPS exam . But , you are not eligible now , since you havent completed your Graduation.

You are eligible to apply for the exam only after completion of your Graduation .

And remember , to apply for the exam ,

~ Age shouldbe in between 21-30 years , if you belong to General category
~ Age shouldbe in between 21-33 years , if you belong to OBC Category
~ Age shouldbe in between 21-35 years , if you belong to SC , ST Category
~ You shouldbe a citizen of India.

* Note that , if you are doing Graduation from a Recognised university then you are eligible for the exam .

Number of Attempts for General category candidates is 4 (maximum)
Number of attempts for the OBC Category candidates is 7 (maximum)
For sc , st category candidates there is no Restriction in number of attempts
15th April 2015, 08:33 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

To join Indian Police Service, candidate must have passed a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Candidates can appear for examination if they are appearing for their final year exams of bachelor's degree or awaited for result.

Age of the candidate must not be less than 21 years and more than 32 years and relaxation in upper age as per rules of the government.

Minimum physical standards required to become Indian Police Service Officer :

Height Male - 165 cm
Height Female - 150 cm

Relaxation of 05 cm in height will be provided only to ST category candidates.

Chest (Male) - minimum 84 cm and must have at least 05 cms expansion.

Chest Female - 79 cms and must have 05 cms expansion.

Other medical and physical standards are checked as per the age, height of the candidate so you must be fitter and fine while physical efficiency test.

Medical tests are also there to test eye vision, blood pressure, hearing capacity etc. so candidate need to qualify at every single stage to get the job.

You should apply for Indian Civil Service Examination and prefer Indian Police Service so you can easily join IPS services.

For that, you need to qualify preliminary examination then mains examination of conventional type then physical test and medical test and finally you have to pass in interview process then only you will be selected for the post of IPS Officer so work hard and prepare well to get the job.
17th March 2020, 07:49 PM
Unregistered

After 12th standard science pcmb . We are eligible to Cid officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?