28th September 2014, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to change school in class 12th and also the optional subject?

I have taken multimedia in class 11th as optional subject with PCM. Now I want to change the school in class 12th. Is it possible to change this optional subject to something else (like Arabic which is already there in the new school) or continue the same subject (multimedia) with the help of private tuition. oes CBSE allow this? If continueing Multimedia, Will CBSE send question paper for one student and what about Practicals on this subject, Pls. advice.

2nd October 2014, 11:55 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to change school in class 12th and also the optional subject?

What you have taken in your 11th class will need to be carried forward. Hence, you can't change your optional subject in class 12th and if you wanted the change in optional subject, then you should have done it in class 11th.

Most of the school don't allow subjects change in class 12th and this will be the issue that you have to face during admission. Also, for school change you must have a good enough reason and TC have to submitted at the new school for getting admission.

Hence, you can get admission in a new school but change of optional subject is almost impossible.
1st April 2015, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Is it possible to change school in class 12th and also the optional subject?

I have taken five subjects in class 11 commerce and including maths as a main subject and no physical education now I want to change my subject from maths to physical education in class 12 is it possible ?? I have already passed my class 11 commerce !!
2nd April 2015, 01:44 PM
SmilyRishu

The main subject of 12th class is Physics Chemistry and Mathematics. Before getting the admission in 11th class you will be decide the what you want after getting the admission you will not change the subject rather that you have optional subject. Now you also change the school for 12th after complete the 11th class but you may not change the your stream. for changing the school you need the 11th class and also prepare the character certificate to give in the new school.
17th July 2016, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

I am the student of class 11th in CBSE Board and my subject is PCM English Informtics Practices(IP) and i passed the class 11th so 12th study in other school but my optional subject is informtics practices (IP) noy present i any school then i change the C it is passible
23rd July 2016, 09:43 PM
harshandshubham

It would be good to consult your principal or HOD for proper guidance. If you dont find their reply to be practical, you can mail to regional CBSE office, and can get in touch with them.
But, if its been too late, its a bit difficult to switch over your trades.
So dont waste a single second, and get it started!
All the best!
15th June 2020, 03:39 AM
Unregistered

I am transferring to anew school in class 12 but it does not have Economic optional.How can I pursue Economic at the new school?
23rd February 2022, 11:17 PM
Unregistered

I am a student of class 11 and my optional subject is tourism and now I changed my school then new school it does not have tourism so can I change my subject
23rd February 2022, 11:20 PM
Unregistered

I am transfering to a new school in class 12 but it does not have tourism subject optional how can I pursue tourism at new school can I change subject
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?