2nd November 2015, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do direct HSC after failing in 10th?

I have failed in 10th standard. I want to know if it is possible to do direct HSC?

2nd November 2015, 11:49 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do direct HSC after failing in 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have failed in 10th standard. I want to know if it is possible to do direct HSC?
Direct admission to HSC is not possible after 10th standard. You need to complete 10th and 11th standard to be eligible for 12th standard.
3rd November 2015, 06:53 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, you should re-appear for your 10th board examination and will have to clear it with good scores and after that you will have to complete your 11th standard from a recognized University.

After successful completion of your 11th board examination, you will probably be eligible to appear for your 12th boards.
3rd November 2015, 07:38 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not possible to pursue Higher Secondary Course directly after failing in your 10th standard. To be eligible to get admission for pursuing Higher Secondary course, you must have qualified 10th standard board examinations in all subjects from a recognised board. No School/College offers admission in Higher Secondary course for candidate who have failed in 10th standard. So, I suggest you to qualify your 10th standard by appearing in Supplementary examinations, so, that you are eligible to pursue Higher Secondary Course after completion of your 10th standard.
3rd November 2015, 10:03 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, one cannot pursue Higher secondary course without passing class 10 examination.

One can directly pursue class 12/ Senior secondary course after passing class 10 examination.
3rd November 2015, 11:32 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

HSC stands for Higher Secondary Certificate.
It is equivalent to 12th boards examination.
To appear in 12th boards examination, it is necessary for students to complete 11th standard from same board and for admission student must have passed 10th from recognized board.
As you have failed in 10th boards examination, then first of all you need to secure pass marks in compartmental examination of the subject you failed in the 10th boards examination to become eligible to get admission in 11th standard.
If you can not secure pass marks even in compartmental examination in the same year then you will get one more chance to obtain pass marks in 10th regular boards examination in moth of March next year as private candidate.

So, you need to pass in 10th and 11th examination to get admission in 12th standard so that to appear in 12th boards examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?