19th February 2015, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

Procedure to apply in online Maths Olympiads for 9th student?

hello sir
i m studying in 9th standard and
i want to give olympiads now in maths
so i want to apply online but i dont know
the procedure so please help me
thank you

20th February 2015, 12:05 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to apply in online Maths Olympiads for 9th student?

I am sorry to say that you cannot apply for Olympiad examination individually. To get yourself enrolled in Olympiad you need to contact your school officials and they themselves will issue you the registration forms for Olympiads, provided they should be registered with SOF(the body conducting Olympiad examination).

So, it will be better for if you directly contact your school's head officials and request the to distribute the forms among deserving candidates and if the schools is not registered with SOF, then kindly ask them to get themselves registered and only then will you be able to appear for Olympiads.
20th February 2015, 12:34 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Every student cannot apply for Olympiad exam through online. To apply for any Olympiad exam, your school should be registered at the Olympiad foundation, which is conducting such Olympiad exam, otherwise you cannot apply for that Olympiad exam. You can know such information from the school examination branch. If your school is registered at any foundation, then you can get Olympiad exam application form or the website address(to apply online) from the school examination office. Then you can apply for the Olympiad exam.
20th February 2015, 06:03 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Mathematical Olympiad examination is conducted by Homi Bhaba center for science education (HBCSE).

The examination is has five stages which as follows:

Stage 1: Regional mathematical Olympiad (RMO)

Stage 2: Indian national mathematical Olympiad (INMO)

Stage 3: International mathematical Olympiad training camp (IMOTC)

Stage 4: Pre-Departure training camp for IMO

Stage 5: International mathematical Olympiad (IMO)

* There is no direct procedure for INMO. Students wishing to appear for INMO should qualify for RMO conducted art regional level across the country.

* Total there are 25 regions and 3 independent bodies CBSE, KVS and JNV conduct RMO every year.

* As you have not mentioned the region, here i am providing the details of Delhi/ NCR region.

APPLICATION PROCEDURE :

* Candidate has to apply the online application form.

* A demand draft payable to " Delhi mathematical Olympiad association" should be made by school with Rs.100/- per student.

* To apply for RMO you should contact the the Regional coordinator of the region.

* For details regarding the regional coordinators and for any other furthre information go to official website http://olympiads.hbcse.tifr.res.in/e...o-coordinators
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?