25th August 2017, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

Procedure to become a Robotics scientist after Schooling?

I qualified 10th standard with 93% in an ICSE school. I look forward to pursue my career in robotics but basically I want to program robots and not build or assemble them because that is not me. I enjoy programming a lot. I have completed learning C and Java programming language from an learning institute. So, can you please guide me to pursue my career and tell me wish career option suits me the best. I mean (robotic scientists or software developer or etc). Please help fast. I have few days left in my hand.

25th August 2017, 10:26 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Procedure to become a Robotics scientist after Schooling?

Let me inform you that one can't become a Robotics Scientist just after Schooling.
You need to follow the following steps/procedure to become a robotic scientist:
>You need to study Higher secondary education in Science discipline with advanced mathematics, Physics and Chemistry/Computer science.
>After qualifying 12th standard, you need to go for B.Tech in Electronic, Computer or Mechanical engineering.
>While pursuing B.Tech degree in said stream, take advantage of internships offered at engineering and robotics companies. An internship can provide you with works experience and practical knowledge.
>After completing B.Tech course you can advance your career and earn a higher salary with master's degree in robotics engineering.
Since you are more interested in programming, I think you should go with the software developer. However I would advice you to choose whatever branch interests you the most.
25th August 2017, 06:13 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

To get admission in Robotics scientist you have to first qualifying 12th class with science stream and main subjects as physics, chemistry and mathematics.

After it you have to qualify for the all India engineering entrance exam or in the exam taken by Indian Institute of Technology ( IIT ).

after qualifying the exam you have to apply for the online counselling you have to fill out your choice of colleges and stream that you got any entrance exam. After allotting the college you have to first Submit the necessary documents and fee of colleges.
25th August 2017, 06:23 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to become a Robotics Scientist, you must opt pure Science in class 11th.
Complete your class 12th Board examination with studying Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as a subject combination with scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it.
Opt for bachelors degree in Engineering by pursuing any of the Mechanical Engineering or Electronics Engineering from a recognized University. After the completion of your degree, apply for Internship in any Robotics company to get an idea about the fundamentals of Robotics.
Gain a Masters degree in Robotics Engineering from any reputed Organisation to enhance your career towards Robotics and then finally apply for Research field in the Robotics to become a Scientist in the respective field.
29th August 2017, 03:05 AM
manjira...

You cannot become a robotics scientist after 10th level. To become a robotics scientist you have a long way to cover.

The first step you need to take is to complete your 10+2 level with physics, Chemistry and Mathematics(PCM) as compulsory subjects from a recognized university. You also need to score a minimum of 60% marks in 12th level to become eligible for the entrance examination held for studying bachelor degree in robotics. Some of the courses you can take after 12th level are-

>>B.E/B.Tech in Robotics and Automation Engineering

>>Certificate in Embedded System and Robotics

>>Diploma in Industrial Automation and Robotics.

The second step is you need to qualify any of the engineering entrance exam like IITJEE, State Level JEE, etc. The best option is B.E/Tech in Robotics. You need to score a good rank in the entrance exam for securing your admission in a reputed college. IIT is the best college to study robotics engineering.

Some of the colleges you can apply are-

>>IIT, Bangalore
>>IIT, Delhi
>>Birla Institute of Technology
>>Jadavpur University
>>Indian Institute of Information Technology, Alllahabad
>>Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research
>>NIT Trichy
>>SRM University
>>Dalal Global Institute of Technology
>>Dr.Radhakrishnan Institute of Technology(DRIT)

During B.Tech degree you can apply for internship and training in various robotics companies. The internship will give you practical field experience and also enhance your knowledge about robots.

The third step is to acquire practical experience. Through campusing you can get job in a reputed company and acquired experience in the field of robots.

You can also apply for postgraduate courses like:-

M.E Automation and Robotics
M.E CAD/CAM and Robotics
M.Tech/M.E Robotics
M.Tech Industrial Automation and Robotics
M.Tech Intelligent System and Robotics.

With a master degree you can apply for research work or as a assistant scientist in the field robotics.
3rd January 2018, 09:23 PM
sairamvtu

Engineers with robotics background have bright future as the concern on automation increasing day by day. So robotics is a good idea. As you are very interested in programming,better to take CSE in your graduation. And with that show some interest on Electronics. Because robotics is fully based on Electronics. And then you can do your higher studies on robotics sciences.
2nd August 2020, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

which branch is best for robotic scientists - electrical , mechanical ,or computer science ??????
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?