18th January 2014, 07:22 PM
Unregistered

Promotion to class 10th after failing in 2 subjects?

my ward failed in science and english but i want to promot him in class tenth his school name is american public school i need help what to do

19th January 2014, 07:18 PM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Promotion to class 10th after failing in 2 subjects?

I don't think it's possible to get promoted to 10th class after failing two subjects in 9th grade. 10th being the important part of the life which means it decides the student for his next part of his studies whether to take Computer Science, Science or Accounts/Commerce because of this most of the schools will not allow the candidates to move to the next grade since he/she will not be eligible to clear the 10th grade if they promote them too.

Still you can try to talk with officials to find out the details just visit the office and talk with the principal which might help or we can come to a conclusion if it will be possible to get promoted.

The better thing to do is let your ward repeat the 9th grade one more year which will make sure that it will make him/her more well versed with the subjects which will help to score will in 10th grade itself.

To get information on American Public school visit - http://www.americanpublicschool.com/contactus.html
22nd June 2021, 12:15 PM
Singhskomal

Default Re: Promotion to class 10th after failing in 2 subjects?

No you can't be promoted in 10th standard by your school or board..if you are failed in two subjects..
Board will allow you to do supplementary exam if you are failed only in two subjects..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?