27th October 2017, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Proper age limit to attend X standard NIOS exam?

I want to attend X standard NIOS exam. But, I don't know the age limit. Some says it is only 15 years. But, I want to know that it is 15 year or the beginning of 15 year, at the time of attending X standard exam. It's my doubt. Please, answer me immediately please.

28th October 2017, 01:29 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Proper age limit to attend X standard NIOS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I want to attend X standard NIOS exam. But, I don't know the age limit. Some says it is only 15 years. But, I want to know that it is 15 year or the beginning of 15 year, at the time of attending X standard exam. It's my doubt. Please, answer me immediately please.

There is no upper age limit for admission to Secondary (X) course admission in NIOS. However, the minimum age limit for enrollment is 14 years, for the Secondary (X) course in NIOS. If a student completed 14 years of age, then he/she is eligible for the Secondary course admission in NIOS. Secondary course in NIOS is equivalent to Class X. Candidates can apply online for the admission to Secondary course in NIOS. National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) website link is given Click Here
28th October 2017, 02:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Age Criteria Required to appear in 10th Class Examinations of NIOS Board:

There is a certain age criteria required to appear in 10th Class Examination's of NIOS Board. For getting admission into 10th Class NIOS board, you must meet the below age criteria.

>> You must have completed minimum 14 years of age to be eligible.

>> There is no upper age limit for appearing in 10th Class Examination.

>> You are required to submit a valid date of birth proof for verification along with your application.

>> So, if your minimum age is 14 years I can say that you are certainly eligible to apply.
28th October 2017, 03:17 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

In order to get admission in 1st standard, a candidate must have achieved 5 years and 6 months of age, so in that respect in order to get admission in 10th standard, you must have achieved a minimum age of 14 years and 6 months.
So, in order to get admission into NIOS board for class 10th standard, your age must not be less than 14 years and 6 months.
28th October 2017, 05:03 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

NIOS stand for National Institute of Open Schooling and it is a recognised board under Ministry of HRD.

Those candidates who have passed class 10th or equivalent examination from a recognised board are eligible to apply for the NIOS exam.

There is no age criteria for NIOS exam

For more information visit at
www.nios.org.in.
28th October 2017, 06:27 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since, your age is 15 years at this instant, you are eligible for class 10th examination form NIOS.
The age criteria for class 10th examination under NIOS Board is that candidates must have to attain an age of 14 years at the time of examination. So, the minimum age required for class 10th examination is 14 years.
28th October 2017, 10:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

NIOS or open schooling doesn't have any upper age limit. You can appear for it without worrying about your age. Open schooling is specifically, for those who are unable to attend regular school.

Hence, if you are interested in it, then just apply for it and start preparing for the exams according to the syllabus.
28th October 2017, 11:24 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

There is no age limit to appear in board examination declared by NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ).

The age limit to appear in examination is declared by the Directorate of the respective State Education.

So, visit the official website of Directorate to get the detail about age limit criteria to appear in board examination.
29th October 2017, 03:02 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

As per the age limit criteria defined by NIOS board a candidate must have minimum 14 years of age in class 10th.

There is no any maximum age limit criteria defined by NIOS. A candidate must have minimum 14 years of age only to give 10th exam
29th October 2017, 06:33 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no age limit to appear in 10th board examination for NIOS.

NIOS ( National Institute of Open Schooling ) and it is affiliated with MHRD.

The age limit to appear in 10th board is determined by the Directorate of state.

So, visit the respective office to get detail information about proper age limit.
14th March 2018, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

My date of birth is 01 July 2006 I am preparing of class 10th I want to apply to 10th class. May I apply to 10th class?????
20th April 2018, 11:30 PM
Unregistered

After taking or completing 10th exam from nios. Can he/she start there regular college for 11( 1) please let me know
30th November 2019, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

My date of birth is 11 Jan 1985. May I apply for 10class?
4th September 2020, 05:23 AM
Unregistered

I am 33 can l do X exam through NIOS ??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?