25th May 2016, 02:29 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear in JEE through ODES scheme on the NIOS exam basis being a 23 years old M.Com postgraduate? Maximum age limit to appear in JEE for General candidate?

Sir,
My age is 23. I have passed out VHSE(Office Secretaryship) course, the group was Commerce and now I have successfully completed my B.Com and M.Com. I am so much interested to study Physics and Engineering. I want to pursue 12th Science from NIOS Board. If I pursue my class through ODES scheme, will I become eligible for appearing the JEE? Should I get the course passed out by NIOS regular exam? What is the maximum age limit for appearing the JEE? I came under the category "General". Would you please give a valuable reply. Thank You!

28th May 2016, 09:53 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear in JEE through ODES scheme on the NIOS exam basis being a 23 years old M.Com postgraduate? Maximum age limit to appear in JEE for General candidate?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination and it is an entrance examination held for selection of students for their Bachelor of Technology / Bachelor of Engineering course from top engineering colleges like IIT, IIIT, NIT, ISM, CFTIs and top private engineering colleges too.

JEE is held once every year by CBSE ( Central Board of Secondary Education ) in two phases which includes JEE Main and JEE Advance respectively.

--> For appearing in JEE, the minimum eligibility criteria required are as following :-

* You must have the citizenship of India with your age not exceeding 25 years ( in case of reserved category, must not exceed 30 years).

* You must have completed your 12th with PCM group with a minimum of 50% marks from a recognized institute. Equivalent degree holders are also eligible.

So being 23 years old post graduate student, you are eligible for appearing in the JEE if you have completed your Class 12th with PCM group.

For further details about JEE, you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?