7th August 2012, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

What is the age limit and eligibility to attend IAS exam?

please kindly get me the age limit and eligibility for attend the ias exam . Iam from kerala this is my dream to be a district collector.

3rd October 2012, 12:05 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the age limit and eligibility to attend IAS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
please kindly get me the age limit and eligibility for attend the ias exam . Iam from kerala this is my dream to be a district collector.
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services and to become IAS Officer, you have to complete your Graduation course first in any discipline from a recognised university. Final year appearing candidates are also apply for Civil services examination to become IAS.

To be eligible for this exam, you must in the age group 21-30 yrs (relaxation for reserved category). Number of attempts are also limited, 4 for general, 6 for OBC, while SC/ST no limit.

The notification of this examination is published soon in the month of February next year and you have to fill the application form online from the official website of UPSC. The application form available in two parts and you have to fill both the parts completely.

If you are already graduated and fulfill the above mentioned criteria then you are eligible to apply for this examination next year. The dates of Next year examination is already updated in the official website, please check the official website for more details.

The examination is conducted in 2 stages, preliminary and Mains, but you have to first appear for the preliminary examination and if you will be able to cracked this examination, then only you are eligible to appear for main examination. Preliminary examination is totally objective and there are total 2 papers in this examination, please prepared well for this examination as per the pattern and syllabus.

The selection rate is very less and you need to work hard to cracked this examination, you need at least 1-2 year hard work and dedication to cracked this examination.

If you want more details then please check the official website of UPSC.

http://upsc.gov.in
3rd October 2012, 12:37 PM
tash1907
Senior Member+++++

Hi Friend.......

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service

Aspirant Candidates, first appear for Civil Examination which is conducted by Union Pubilc Service Commission in yearly once

Educational Qualification for Civil services examination is any bachelor of degree in any stream from any recognized university, final students also eligible for this examination

Candidates age should between 21 to 30 years, and age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC candidates as per norms, i.e. For SC/ST candidates 5 years relaxation and 3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates

Candidates should be a citizen of India

Selection procedure in three stages for this, i.e. first preliminary examination and Mains Examination then called for Medical Test/Interview........
3rd October 2012, 01:13 PM
Arajjo

Hi...

Age limitation of the IAS (Indian Admistration Service) are:-

A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years..

Eligibility of the IAS are:-

A degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educatsional institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be a Deemed University under the UGC Act, 1956, or an equivalent qualification.

Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the qualifying examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to appear for the Preliminary Examination. All such candidates who qualify to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination must produce proof of having passed the said examination along with their application for the Main Examination.

The UPSC may in exceptional cases treat a candidate without the foregoing requisite qualification as an eligible candidate as per following conditions.

he / she has passed an examination conducted by other institutions, the standard of which justifies his / her admission in the opinion of the Commission.

Candidates with professional and technical qualifications recognised by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees.

Thanks...

All the best
3rd October 2012, 01:42 PM
sumitjha14u
Senior Member+

Hello dear,
Its nice to see that you are aspiring to become an IAS officer.

IAS is commonly known as Indian Administrative Services.
To become an IAs officer you need to clear UPSC Civil Services Examination.

You can sit for the exam provided you follow the eligibility norms:

** You must have completed your graduation in any stream.

** Final year candidates may also apply.

** Your age should be between 21 to 30 years.

There is age relaxation given for reserved categories.
SC/ST- 5 yrs
OBC- 3 yrs
PH- 10 yrs

Number of attempts:

4 in case of general
7 in case of OBC &
unlimited in case of SC/ST till they attain the age of 35 years.

There are 3 stages of examination:
Preliminary
Mains
Interview

According to latest pattern Preliminary exam is known as CSAT.

You have 2 papers in this:
General awareness
Aptitude test

If you fulfill these requirements you can fil the aplication form. Civil services exam is held every year.
For more Information log on to the official website:
www.upsc.goV.in

with regards
sumit
3rd September 2013, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I am ravikant jamhoriya my date of birth is 29 june 1994. Which year will I eligible for ias examination?
4th September 2013, 05:30 PM
nishi513

HI FRIEND
## IAS(Indian Administrative Services) exam is conducted by UPSC once every year
## The minimum educational qualification required to apply for IAS(Civil Services exam) examination is graduation in any discipline from recognised institution/university & there is no marks percentage critiria
## Age limit to apply for IAS exam is
~>21-30 years for general category candidates
~>21-33 years for OBC candidates
~>21-35 years for SC/ST candidates
## The number of attempts for IAS exam are
~>4 times for general category
~>7 times for OBC category
~>no limit for SC/ST category candidates
## The selection process of IAS examination is
->preliminary exam
->mains examination
->personal interview
## For further details please visit www.upsc.gov.in

** ALL THE BEST **
8th November 2014, 02:18 PM
Unregistered

Iam now serving army. Age 32.after 35 can i attend the preliminary exam. Please inform me ; e mail [email protected]
22nd April 2017, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

I am 30 years old, my mom and father is inter-cast marriage, as per my certificate my fathers cast is given, which is Hindu, and my cast comes under general category. my father left us and married another women years back. Now just because of this cast, i am not eligible for applying for this exam. please stop the cast system. There may be lot of poor people from general category also be seen. please abolish this cast system, and make standard age for all people.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?