26th June 2015, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Should I reappear if secured low percentage in WBCHSE Board exam?

Sir,
My HS result is very poor with low percentage.
But I want to study B.Tech in IIT.
I want your suggestion that should I repeat
WBCHSE Board exam and then reappear in JEE Main and Advanced?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether a candidate is eligible to reappear in Matriculation of same Board if secured low percentage?
  2. Scholarships available for a candidate who has secured 84% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  3. Procedure of re-admission for 12th WBCHSE Disqualified candidate?
  4. Can I apply for 12th CBSE Board exam if failed from WBCHSE Board?
  5. What should I study other than B.Sc if secured 86% in 12th WBCHSE?
  6. Can I get admission to study B.Com in Goenka College if secured 75% in Accounts and 74% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  7. Can I get admission to study B.Sc Honours in St. Xavier's College if secured 78.5% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  8. Is it beneficial to reappear if secured 71% in 12th ISC Board exam?
  9. Scholarship available for a candidate who has secured 88% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  10. Possibility to reappear if secured 47% in 10th ICSE Board exam?
  11. Eligibility to reappear in Board exams from NIOS for a candidate who has secured 50% in Intermediate?
  12. Can I reappear for Physics, Maths and Biology exams of WBCHSE?
  13. List of WBCHSE affiliated schools which offer admission in Higher Secondary Science in Kolkata? Cutoff percentage required for admission?
  14. Should I reappear for all subjects in 12th WBCHSE Board exam if failed in Physics, Chemistry and Maths?
  15. Is there Improvement exam available in WBCHSE Board? Should I drop a year if secured less than 70% in Physics and Maths of 12th Board exam?
  16. Procedure to transfer in WBCHSE Board to study 11th Arts for a candidate who has secured 68.45% in 10th CBSE? List of schools which offers admission in Kolkata?
  17. Is it possible to reappear in 12th CBSE Board exam with Biology if secured 73% with Mathematics? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Can I reappear if secured less marks in 12th ISC Board exam? From where I will get the application form? Procedure to apply?
27th June 2015, 03:14 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I reappear if secured low percentage in WBCHSE Board exam?

You can re-appear if you wish to and if you feel that you have not scored well enough to get yourself into a good college or you can simply study hard enough to crack IIT-JEE examination to get admission into it.

However, in my opinion you should not waste any more year and directly appear for IIT-JEE examination, if you are totally focused onto it and I am sure you will clear it and will get admission in IIT.
27th June 2015, 04:20 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can reappear in WBSCHE Board examinations to improve your Higher Secondary percentage if WBSCHE Board conducts improvement examinations for 12th standard else, you cannot reappear in WBSCHE Board examinations. Most of the education boards which offers 12th standard education conducts improvement examinations by facilitating students to improve their marks. So, if your board conducts improvement examinations, definitely you can reappear in examinations to improve your score.
27th June 2015, 09:49 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

If you do not have the adequate marks that is required for admission to IIT then your only option is to repeat which is possible in case of WBCHSE.
So it is up to you and the marks that you have obtained.
If you have cracked the JEE Main and Advanced this year then you should go ahead and appear for the counselling and see what happens.
If you have not done so and you want to study B.Tech in IIT then you should repeat again as it is allowed in your Board.
28th June 2015, 02:28 AM
reconnect

It is good to see you that you are interested in JEE Main.
If your percentage is very less or less than 45% then , I think you have give the exam again.

But basically there is no percentage criteria in JEE Main.

Only a candidate should have the 12th with minimum 45% marks

A candidate should have passed the 12th with PCM as the main subjects.

All the best and thak you.
8th June 2018, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

I have failed in chemistry in HS examination under WBCHSE. I want to re appear .Is it possible?
18th July 2020, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am pass in my wbchse with 71.7 percentage but fail in one subject (maths).
Can I give my re-examination next year on one subject.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?