20th June 2015, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

Is there Improvement exam available in WBCHSE Board? Should I drop a year if secured less than 70% in Physics and Maths of 12th Board exam?

Hello,
I have give my H.S. Board exam this year and I am not satisfied with my performance in Physics and Maths. I have not scored above 70% in both, which is very poor. I have read about Improvement exam in CBSE Board but I am not sure if it is also available for students of West Bengal Council Of Higher Secondary Education? I have filled the JEE main forms, but seeing my preparation I don't think that I'll be able to get a good rank and consequently lose on a good college. I think I'll drop this year and so I was thinking of giving Improvement exam next year as I'll be dropping a year anyhow. Or is it better to study under an Open Board like IGNOU for one year? Please guide me.
So my final questions stand as:
1) Is there any option of Improvement Exam for WBCHSE students?
2) Should I drop a year?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I drop a year to appear in Improvement exam of 12th WBCHSE Board?
  2. Is there improvement exam in Higher Secondary WBCHSE or I have to drop a year? Whether 12th from IGNOU is equivalent to class 12? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Eligibility to appear in 12th Chemistry Improvement exam of WBCHSE Board?
  4. Scholarships available for a candidate who has secured 84% in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  5. What should I study other than B.Sc if secured 86% in 12th WBCHSE?
  6. Should I reappear for all subjects in 12th WBCHSE Board exam if failed in Physics, Chemistry and Maths?
  7. Possibility to study B.Sc(Physics) in Presidency College for a candidate who has secured 76.77% in 12th WBCHSE?
  8. Scholarship available for a candidate who has secured 88% in 12th WBCHSE Board exam?
  9. Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology question papers of previous year for 12th WBCHSE Board exam
  10. Can I get admission to study B.Sc(Physics) in St. Xavier's College if secured 69% in 12th and scored 83 marks in Physics?
  11. Physics question papers of last 5 years for 12th WBCHSE Board exam
  12. Physics question papers of last 5 years for 12th WBCHSE Board exam
  13. Should I apply for Board exam of all subjects if failed in one subject of 12th WBCHSE?
  14. Can I apply for 12th CBSE Board exam if failed from WBCHSE Board?
  15. Can I apply for 12th NIOS Board exam in this Summer if already appeared from UP Board?
  16. What is the question pattern of 12th WBCHSE Board exams for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics?
  17. Procedure of re-admission for 12th WBCHSE Disqualified candidate?
  18. Am I eligible to appear in 12th WBCHSE Board exam being a 36 years old candidate?
21st June 2015, 04:27 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there Improvement exam available in WBCHSE Board? Should I drop a year if secured less than 70% in Physics and Maths of 12th Board exam?

Regarding your 1st question, that is there any provision for improvement exam, so yes there is provision for candidates who want to appear for improvement examination feeling that they had scored below mark and can most probably appear for 12th boards.

Now, coming to your 2nd query, that whether you should drop a year or not, so that is upto you my dear, if you feel that you have not scored well this time and will not get a good college, you should drop a year and prepare for one more year with full honesty and if the case is vice versa, you shall just let it be and get admission to any good college, if provided this very year.
30th June 2015, 10:12 PM
reconnect

Default Re: Is there Improvement exam available in WBCHSE Board? Should I drop a year if secured less than 70% in Physics and Maths of 12th Board exam?

Yes, Dear you can apply for improvement exam in WBCHSE board. The improvement exams are given by those students who are not satisfied with their marks. If you are satisfied with your marks then, you can apply for improvement exams.

If you feel that that this time you are busy in the preparation of JEE then, you can drop a year. You may also do your 12th from open school its upto you.
17th May 2016, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

Hello,

My sister has scored 70% in higher secondary exam conducted by west Bengal board and passed in all subjects but failed Mathematics which was her fourth subject. Could you please tell me if she is eligible for improvement exam. Or she has to drop a year to clear it?

Is she eligible for getting admission in engineering college this year if she do well in JEE exam.

She has also cracked the AIEEE exam. Please tell me if she can get admission in the engineering college under the AIEEE board.
20th March 2018, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

My exam stating 27th march,2018, and my preparation not good. But i want to a good result, so i want to drop in H.S exam, what problem in this case??
7th July 2018, 06:44 PM
Unregistered

I want an improvement examination in wbchse board but they tell me that they don't conduct any type of improvement exam. I secured 70% in 12th exam but i am not satisfied. What should I do now?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?