29th December 2016, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Which stream to choose, science or commerce?

I am a class 3rd student. I have just completed my part 3 examination this year. I am so confused to choose my stream next year for from 4th. My studies is are in medium level. I am not sure either I want to choose science stream or commerce. I hope I'll get a good advice. Thank you.

29th December 2016, 02:41 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to choose, science or commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a class 3rd student. I have just completed my part 3 examination this year. I am so confused to choose my stream next year for from 4th. My studies is are in medium level. I am not sure either I want to choose science stream or commerce. I hope I'll get a good advice. Thank you.

The question of science or commerce stream arises at the time of admission to class XI only. You should choose either science or commerce stream based on your interest. If you like engineering, then you can choose science stream. The scope for the science stream is very good now. The candidates after completion of science stream can do various courses like B.E or B.Tech or MBBS or BDS or B.Sc or BPT or Nursing or BAMS or BHMS or BA etc. So it is advisable to choose the science stream after completion of Class X.
29th December 2016, 06:02 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

According to me both the streams are nice and good in their own standards. So, which stream to choose it totally depends on your interest. Both the streams have bright future, so you can choose any one you want. If you want to go for science stream then you have to work very hard and you have to be a good student. But, as your studies are in mid level, so you can opt for commerce stream. Don't think that it's easy, if you go for commerce stream then also you have to work very hard. So, you can think once again before going for commerce stream.
29th December 2016, 06:06 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Both the streams Science or Commerce has their own importance as far as scope and career opportunities are concerned. So you will have to choose wisely the best stream based on your achievements or goals and the skills that you have. As far as my best knowledge is concerned, Science stream is the best stream between both Commerce and Science streams. There are many course opportunities available in Science stream rather than Commerce stream.

After successful completion of course in Science stream, there are many course options available. You may go for B.E/ B.Tech/ BBM/ BCA/ B.A/ B.Sc or B.Com from reputed colleges. I suggest you to pursue 12th Class in Science stream and the best would be PCM stream and after that you may choose any one of the above mentioned courses. The best course I would suggest you after 12th PCM is B.E/ B.Tech as far as job scope is concerned.
29th December 2016, 07:17 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Don't be little yourself because you can achieve anything you want in your life with your effort. Most important is to choose that stream in which you are interested because then you can create more and more interest and you can achieve the target you have set in your life. Think yourself that which stream you can cope up with because generally the science stream is considered the most toughest. Don't think that Arts stream is very bad because most of the jobs are available only from the arts stream so you need not to worry about that. So choose that stream in which your interest is .
29th December 2016, 09:03 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You don't need to worry about it now as you are only in class 4 now. However, selection of science or commerce stream solely should be dependent upon your desire and ability to opt for the field.

I would however request you to get down to some serious studies if you are not good at it and as soon as you reach 8th standard, you yourself will have the minimum knowledge as to which field you are good at and what would you want to opt for in future.

So, get down to some serious studies as either of the streams have great career opportunities in their respective fields.
29th December 2016, 09:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Being a 3rd class student, you need not worry about the selection of science or commerce stream for pursuing your higher studies. The Science or Commerce stream that you need to opt starts from 11th standard. In 4th standard, there will not be any Science or Commerce stream. If you are interested to become an Engineer then, you need to pursue Science stream else if you are interested to become an Accountant, Financier, etc., it is best to opt for Commerce stream.
29th December 2016, 10:41 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Look, it all depends upon you that in which of the stream you are interested.
You must opt that stream which you like more and in which you feel more interesting while you study. So, the decision is yours only, take a decision according to your wish as you have to study in future.
29th December 2016, 11:18 PM
goyal.com
Senior Member+

Exclamation Re: Which stream to choose, science or commerce?

You can choose any one of them according to your choice and interest. Every stream have their own value and scope. As you mention above in your question you are medium level student so, according to my knowledge you can choose Commerce steam. At the present time lots of scope available in the Commerce steam.
29th December 2016, 11:59 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

You have no stream option to choose in 4th standard. You have an option to choose stream like commerce or science in 11th standard. So, first of all complete your education up to 10th standard. During this period, you will be matured to choose your career stream. So, during admission in 11th standard, you can choose any stream as per your personal interest.
If you want to make your career in technical field, then you should go for science stream with PCM as the three main subjects. On the other side, if you are interested in finance related field, then you should go for commerce stream.
After completing 12th standard with science stream, you can go for engineering courses. You can go for BCA, B.Com etc graduation course after completing 12th standard with commerce stream.
30th December 2016, 03:47 AM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Since you have just completed 3rd standard, from where the question of choosing a stream arises?

You don't have to choose any subjects and study all of them.

The subjects are selected once you pass the 10th standard.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?