25th August 2017, 01:39 AM
Unregistered

Which stream to opt, if not interested in engineering or medical?

I'm in 11th at present. I'm confused about which group to take biology or arts group. I am good in science but average in maths. Which is the better choice ? I'm interested in biology but I don't want to go for engineering or medical. What can I do? Please tell something.

25th August 2017, 12:23 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to opt, if not interested in engineering or medical?

There are several streams that are available to pursue after successful completion of 10th Class. Top streams available are,

>> Maths, Physics, Chemistry (PCM)

>> Physics, Biology, Chemistry (PCM)

>> CEC (Commerce) based courses

As you are not willing to choose Engineering or Medical field then you may go with some of the traditional courses. Some of the best traditional courses are,

@ Bachelor of Arts (BA)
@ Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com)
@ Bachelor of Science (B.Sc)
@ Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) ..etc.,

The minimum qualification required for all the above mentioned courses is 12th Class with PCM subjects. So you may choose any of the above mentioned courses.
25th August 2017, 12:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As you are saying that you are interested in biology and you do not want to go in the field of medical then you can join other Biology related courses also or you can go in teaching profession. The stream in which you are interested you must opt for that because that will definitely open fields for you and you will prosper in that field only. If you are interested in Biology that doesn't mean that you have only option and that is medical there are other courses also which you can join. Life sciences is a vast field.
25th August 2017, 02:18 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I'm in 11th at present. I'm confused about which group to take biology or arts group. I am good in science but average in maths. Which is the better choice ? I'm interested in biology but I don't want to go for engineering or medical. What can I do? Please tell something.

Candidates who are not interested in engineering or medical can choose Commerce stream or Arts / Humanities stream. One of the best streams for the students who are not interested to study engineering or medical is commerce stream. Candidates can study commerce stream or arts stream to pursue their career. Candidates after completion of 10+2 in commerce stream can study courses like BCom, BBA, CA, CS, ICWA etc. Candidates can also choose subjects like History, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, English and Hindi in the arts stream. Arts stream candidates can pursue courses in Journalism, Literature, Social Science, Psychology, Economics, History and English.
25th August 2017, 06:16 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

One who is not interested in Engineering or medical has other streams also. One can choose that stream in which that particular student is interested. As you said that you are interested in Biology subject, so you should opt for PCB stream.
25th August 2017, 07:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for other medical or health related courses, if you are interested in biology. There is B.Sc zoology and botany option also available for you.

Courses like pharmacy, nursing, physiotherapy, optometry, biotechnology, genetic engineering, microbiology, biochemistry, etc are some of the options available for you.
25th August 2017, 07:35 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

If you are not interested in Engineering or Medical line after the completion of class 12th with Science stream, it is not a very big issue. There are lot of opportunities in science stream after the completion of class 12th, you can opt any of them in graduation.
Below I have mentioned some of the lists of courses which you can opt after the completion of class 12th with Science, just have a look over it.

B.Sc in Forensic Sciences.
B.Sc in Life Science,
B.Sc in Chemistry
B.Sc in Physics
B.Sc in Mathematics
B.Sc in Biotechnology
B.Sc in Nutrition
B.Sc in Microbiology
Diploma in Forensic Science (Cyber Crimes). etc.
25th August 2017, 07:45 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

You have mentioned above that you are good in Science (but average in mathematics) and you have interest in Biology but at the same time you also don't want to opt for Medical.
I would suggest you to Bio-Science (Physics, Biology and Chemistry) at your higher secondary level and complete your higher secondary education.
After qualifying 12th standard you will have plenty of courses available to opt for.
Below I have mentioned some of the courses you can opt for, after completing 12th standard:
>B.Sc Honors in Physics
>B.Sc Honors in Zoology
>B.Sc Honors in Chemistry
>B.Sc Honors in Botany
>B.Sc Honors in Life Science
>B.Sc Nursing
>BBA
>BCA
>B.A Economics
>B.Sc Economics
>B.A English
>Biochemistry
>B.Sc Microbiology
25th August 2017, 09:35 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

If you are not interested in medical or engineering field than you can opt commerce stream along with maths. It is a good option for you. You can opt computer science among the optional subjects . It will be good option for you.
As a commerce students you can make your future in following fields-
Banks.
Managerial post.
accountant etc.

You can also join some computer course. In today's world computer has a wide scope.
You can learn-
Animation and 3D effects.
Graphics.
C language.
Java.
pHP.
.net etc.
26th August 2017, 01:40 AM
Aafreen Kausher

If you are really interested in biology you should go for it. It really helps when you take interest in whatever you are doing.
It's is okay that you don't want to go for medical because there are many others options available in the field of biology.
You can go for bachelor of science in Zoology or Botany. You can get into teaching or research jobs.
other interesting fields are biophysics, molecular biology, forensic research, environmental biology.
26th August 2017, 11:39 AM
Sanjogita Singh

Hey,
Dont panic, just relax and think once.
Though you scored good marks in science but in long run your interest matters.
In todays growing world, their are several other fields to explore like Law(a noble and growing profession) with that you can also go for CS, B.com+CA.
As you said you like science, can go for B.Sc with specialization in Biotechnology that in basically for research purpose that is becoming scientist.
Any query feel free to contact.

Sanjogita Singh
Budding Lawyer.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?