31st December 2016, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

Which stream to opt, if I am interested in chemistry and maths?

Hi everyone, I am in 10th and wanna take PCMB in 11th, but I haven't decided yet what to take up as a career. Can anyone help me to decide it? I am interested in chemistry and maths the most.

31st December 2016, 05:25 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Default Re: Which stream to opt, if I am interested in chemistry and maths?

As you say you are interested in chemistry and maths then as per my suggestion you can take Non Medical stream in your 11th class.

The name of subject in NON MEDICAL stream are Hindi, English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

The another option for you is that you can take Physics chemistry and mathematics as a main subjects and Biology as a additional subject.
31st December 2016, 05:26 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi everyone, I am in 10th and wanna take PCMB in 11th, but I haven't decided yet what to take up as a career. Can anyone help me to decide it? I am interested in chemistry and maths the most.

You can choose any one of the group given below in Class XI:
Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM)
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology (PCMB)
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Computer Science stream
If you want to study MBBS or BDS or any other course related to medical field then you have to choose Biology subject in Class XI and XII. If you want to study engineering then PCM will be enough. The above given are some of the options available to pursue in 10+2.
31st December 2016, 05:34 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Since you have mentioned that your soul interest is towards Chemistry and Mathematics hence the stream options available for your higher studies are PCM or PCMB.

Also as you have mentioned that you are interested in PCMB stream then in my regards you should go for that if you are good in biology too as it would give you the liberty of choosing your career in any possible field after your Class 12th. But meanwhile you must be careful about the same as it would require more efforts from your side as you will have to work with one extra subject.
31st December 2016, 05:35 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

It's a very challenging stage after completion of 10th standard to decide what you need to pursue in higher studies to have a bright future. As per the information you have mentioned in your query, you are interested to pursue Chemistry and Mathematics in your 11th standard, so, I suggest you to opt for 11th standard with PCM stream which will have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.

After completion of your 12th standard with PCM stream, you can pursue your higher studies in B.E/ B.Tech, B.A, BHM, B.Sc. BBA, BCA, etc., of your interest. I suggest you to opt for the right course which you are interested for pursuing your 11th standard as it will be the base for pursuing your higher studies.
31st December 2016, 06:19 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since you are interested in Mathematics and Chemistry, you must opt Science stream in class 11th after the completion of class 10th studies.
You must take PCMB as your subject combination.
Once you complete your class 12th, you can enhance your career in the Medical or Engineering field with the subjects you have chosen.
31st December 2016, 06:36 PM
ranu shahi

If you are interested in chemistry and mathematics then i suggest you to take PCM in 11th because if you take PCMB then your whole attention goes only on PCB and mathematics will be neglected by you. Now it depend upon you to take which stream. But i hope you will take that streamin which you are interested.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?