19th March 2015, 01:27 AM
Unregistered

What should I study in Higher Secondary if expecting 80% to 85% in 10th Board exam?

Sir,
I am about to complete my 10th and
given my Board exams. I am expecting
80% to 85% in my Board. So, what should I choose
in Higher Secondary for my education.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission to study PCB in Higher Secondary at any good school if expecting 60% in 10th Board exam? -- [New]
  2. Can I study Higher Secondary from CBSE Board after completing 10th from Bihar Board?
  3. Cutoff percentage required in 10th CBSE to study Science in Higher Secondary?
  4. ISC, CBSE or PSEB, which is better to study in Higher Secondary for Software Engineer aspirant?
  5. Is it possible to appear only in Mathematics exam of NIOS for Higher Secondary Commerce student?
  6. Can I get admission to study Higher Secondary in CBSE Board if pursuing Senior Secondary from NIOS?
  7. Is there any scholarship for Higher Secondary?
  8. Is it beneficial to study Commerce in Higher Secondary?
  9. Is there improvement exam in Higher Secondary WBCHSE or I have to drop a year? Whether 12th from IGNOU is equivalent to class 12? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Any problem in changing the state board of MP after 10th? Can I go to Tamilnadu for high secondary exam(12th board)?
  11. Possibility to study Science in Higher Secondary if secured 6 CGPA in 10th CBSE?
  12. Is there any scholarship to continue Higher Secondary studies?
  13. How can I get admission in Maharaja Sawai Man Singh Vidyalaya for Higher Secondary Education after completing 10th CBSE?
  14. Is it difficult to get admission to study Higher Secondary in India for a candidate who has completed 10th in Canada? Requirements for admission?
  15. Tamil Nadu Board Higher Secondary Accountancy Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  16. Maharashtra Board Higher Secondary Physics-I Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  17. Tamil Nadu Board Higher Secondary Zoology Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  18. List of colleges where I can get a seat after scoring 526166 AIEEE rank?
20th March 2015, 07:09 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study in Higher Secondary if expecting 80% to 85% in 10th Board exam?

You can choose Science or Commerce or Arts stream in Higher Secondary after completion of your 10th standard with an aggregate of 80% marks. If you are interested to become an Engineer or Doctor, then, you need to opt for Science stream. If you are interested to become an Artist, then, you opt for Arts stream. If you are interested in Commerce stream, then, you can opt for Commerce stream. These are the various choices available for a candidate to chose a course in 11th standard.
20th March 2015, 09:42 AM
anamikasenrocks

Default Re: What should I study in Higher Secondary if expecting 80% to 85% in 10th Board exam?

That very much depends on the liking you have towards subjects. If you a huge penchant for Literature subjects or for History or for Geography, then arts stream will be best suited for you. If you have a huge passion for science subjects like Physical science or Zoology or Botany or a general Biology then you must enlist in science stream. There are also other vocational streams like Agriculture, Music, Dance, Painting, Pisciculture,etc.
So depending on the subject you like the most and depending on which stream your favorite subject falls in, you must choose your stream.
But if you go by current hype, then commerce streams are doing a huge boom in India. Be it plain B.Com or B.Com hons or BBM or BBA or any other stream, people are succeeding well in commerce streams. People get good marks, due to the presence of many scoring subjects in commerce. People get an opening towards various jobs by virtue of commerce streams. If you truly get the marks you are expecting, then you must flourish well in commerce. So you can choose commerce as your 12th standard stream.
20th March 2015, 04:51 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

The choice of subjects after class X is a very crucial design in a students life and often met with a anxiety and confusion both on part of parents and students alike. At these time student must be careful in choosing the subjects in the further studies. Based on his/her interest should choose the subjects. If you are interest in maths and science then you can chose MPC, BIPC in your 11th, if you are interested any other subjects you can choose CEC , MEC etc. You can also choose the Diploma courses if you are interested. So you have to choose the subjects after the X on the basis of your interest.
21st March 2015, 07:53 AM
chintu helper
Senior Member++

It not depends on your marks it all depends on your interest
As you mention that you will get nearly 85% in board exam so you can easily got admission in any stream
So all the streams in all schools are open for you so don't worry
**Now if your interest is on biology and you wants to be a doctor then go for medical
**If you wants to be engineer, then go for physics ,chemistry ,maths means nonmedical
**If your interest is in accounts , economics and business then go for commerce
**In the last if you wants to study history then go for ARTS
I would like to suggest you got engineering
21st March 2015, 10:18 AM
zzaza
Senior Member+

I have some good advice's for you.If you want to go in Engineering Field then you have to select Non-Medical which include subjects :- Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, English and one of Optional Subjects like Sanskrit, Physical education, Music etc.

But if you are interested in Medical field then you have to select following subjects :- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and one of Optional Subject.

If still it is confusing then you have a middle option between Medical and Non-Medical that is Combine.In this course you have both subjects i.e. Mathematics & Biology along with Physics, Chemistry and English.

Also if you are not interested in these courses then you also have option to select subject's of Commerce & Art's Field.

Best of Luck.
2nd April 2015, 12:20 AM
amanshrivastava98

Depending upon your own interest you can choose any of the field from

* Mathematics (PCM)

* Biology (PCB)

* Arts

* Commerce

If you excel in any field you will be having a great career ahead.
1st October 2015, 12:49 AM
gokul ka raja

Its on you that which streanm you have more interset . If you expecting 85%then you will be elligible for every stream now its on you that what you choose for your future.
I think you have to choose science for your better future.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?