25th August 2017, 02:38 AM
Unregistered

Which subjects will be considered the best 4, for admission in DU?

I am a science student. I want to take admission in DU, but I want to do English honours. I want to ask physics, Chemistry English and phe except math would be considered as best 4 for my selection or maths is compulsory.

25th August 2017, 05:26 PM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Which subjects will be considered the best 4, for admission in DU?

According to Delhi University, in order to be eligible for B.A English Honors, a candidate must have qualified 10+2 board or equivalent examination in any discipline with at least 45% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
Those 4 subjects in which you have scored more marks will be considered as best 4.
25th August 2017, 08:52 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Look, best of 4 concept is that, a candidate should add the marks of 4 compulsory subjects in which candidate has scored the maximum marks in it.
So, the subjects in which you have scored the most marks, add them to get the total marks of best of 4 subjects and then apply under DU for your Graduation course.
25th August 2017, 09:53 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

DU refers to Delhi University and as far as you are concerned about the inclusion of Mathematics marks in best four subjects for your admission in English Honours degree course then I would like to let you know that it is not compulsory as your fifth subject which is Physical education can be considered for your best four subject as it is regarded as an elective paper since it includes the theory paper of 70 marks.

But I would also like to mention here that for admission in any science course the marks in PCM/PCB/PCMB group is compulsory for the calculation of marks in best four subjects.

For more FAQs related to undergraduate admission you can visit the link www.du.ac.in.
27th August 2017, 04:43 AM
cataleya11

For you best of 4 subjects will be the addition of those four subjects in which you have scored more.

For admission in DU English honors you need to pass 12th examination from a affiliated board and score a minimum of 50% marks in best of four subjects(English compulsory).

Mathematics will be calculated in best of 4 subjects if you seek admission in science courses like B.Sc/B.Tech/B.E/MBBS/BDS/B.Arch etc.

Good Luck
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?