31st May 2016, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

What should I choose between Science and Commerce having 83% in 10th standard?

I have actually got 83% in 10th standard now I am confused that, what can I take between science and commerce. Please.... help me as soon as possible.

31st May 2016, 03:01 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I choose between Science and Commerce having 83% in 10th standard?

After completion of your 10th standard with an aggregate of 83% marks from a recognised board, you can opt any course of your interest.

There are different streams in Higher Secondary course like Science, Commerce and Arts Stream. In Science stream, there are two different sub-streams namely Engineering and Medical.

If you are interested in Engineering field, you need to opt for MPC Science stream and if you are interested in Medical field, you need to pursue BiPC Science stream in Higher Secondary course.

You can also opt for Commerce stream if you are interested to do CA or B.Com course in Graduation to become a Chattered Accountant and Cashier or Accountant.
31st May 2016, 03:36 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I choose between Science and Commerce having 83% in 10th standard?

Both Science and Commerce are good. It depends on you that in which stream you are interested.
Science have future in Engineering, Medical, Banking and so on.
In Commerce you can opt CA, Business purpose and many more.
There is a difference between both stream and that is Commerce is related with Accountancy and Science is related with Scientific knowledge.
31st May 2016, 04:58 PM
Bharatchaduhary
Junior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What should I choose between Science and Commerce having 83% in 10th standard?

The choice of Science or Commerce after X standard is a tough one. The choice become more difficult for students. Below is a comparison of these two courses:-

Science: This stream is very popular stream in India considering that it is the gateway to professional courses and career options such as engineering and medicine. If you are interested in engineering, medicine and science related fields, this will fit you perfectly.

Commerce: This stream is great for students who are serious about pursuing a career in finance, accounts, chartered accountancy, economics, banking, business and management.
31st May 2016, 05:20 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

If you like maths and science then go for Science stream. If you like statistics, finance and commercial field then go for commerce.
Take a look at subjects in both these streams and then decide what you want to study.

Have your considered other options Humanities,Arts and others if not you need to go through them also.
Now if you have done as mentioned above then you need to note down what you really want to be and what fascinates you believe me fascination and interest are different things.
31st May 2016, 06:24 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Both Science and Commerce are good. It depends on you that in which stream you are interested.
Science have future in Engineering, Medical, Banking and so on.
In Commerce you can opt CA, Business purpose and many more.
There is a difference between both stream and that is Commerce is related with Accountancy and Science is related with Scientific knowledge.
31st May 2016, 06:47 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

You have attained a very good percentage in class 10th but according to me you should definitely opt for that stream in 11th in which you are interested because according to your percentage you are capable of taking science stream in 11th and 12th. Again I am telling you that go with your interest.
31st May 2016, 09:10 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Information Regarding Ahead Career After 10th.

You have good marks in the 10th class. As per your question you are confused to choose your ahead career. I advise to choose any field as per own interest.

First decide your aim and then choose a step. If you want to go in the engineering/medical field then you must choose science stream in 12th class or if you are interested in commerce then you may take commerce stream in 12th. It is your own career so decide any thing by self. Before choosing any field think twice on that.

In every field there are lot of opportunity available so, choose any stream as per your own interest and study well for a brightness future.
31st May 2016, 09:40 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

After completion of 10th , Every student is confused about to choose stream for (10+2). It's first step to choose your career. Both the streams are good & having great career opportunities. should choose stream in which you are most interested. Don't follow what other says and Follow your heart.

Science
In this stream , You can go for either engineering or medical field. For engineering , You should choose Physics , Chemistry and Maths as a main subjects. For medical field , You should choose Physics , Chemistry and Biology as a main subjects.

Commerce
In this stream , You can choose B.Com , BBA , BCA , BBM , BMS , CA , CS as a graduation course. In commerce stream , you will have job scope in the field of finance , banking , business administrator , accountancy etc.
31st May 2016, 09:47 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The selection of stream after 10th standard totally depends upon your career goal and aimbition. Stream taken in 10+2 has good effect on career. First of all, you must decide what you want to achieve after bachelor's degree.

Science and commerce stream, both have large career opportunities and scope. With science stream in 12th, you can do engineering, medical courses, BCA, Bachelor of science etc. With commerce stream, you can go for CA course, ICWA course, Company secretary course etc.

You need to take decision on your will and as per your own interest.
31st May 2016, 10:24 PM
secret29
Senior Member+

You can choose any one from Science and Commerce. Your marks in 12th Std is very good and you are eligible for Science streams as well as for Commerce streams. Now it depend o your choice to choose any one course to make your career bright.
If you are interested for management courses like BBA,BBM,B.Com,BCA then you should opt Commerce streams, Because Commerce is totally related to management course. And hence it will help you alot. On the other hand if you are interested in technical course like Engineering then you should choose Science streams with Math as an optional subject. And to make career in medical field you can choose Science streams with Biology as an optional subject.
31st May 2016, 10:39 PM
13precious

After completing 10th with 83% marks you can get admission in government school.Its depend on you in which stream you have interested.

If you wish to go for commerce stream then after completing 12th you can go for B.com,BBA,CS,CA.

If you wish to go for science stream then after completing 12th you can go for B.sc,BAMS,BDS,MBBS.
31st May 2016, 11:08 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

You have scored a better aggregate in 10th board examination and now you have to work hard to carry it for higher courses.

So, you do not need to get confused and try to select the course as per your interest and aim.

So, you need to select the commerce stream or science stream as per you interest. Both the steam have better future scope and opportunities.
31st May 2016, 11:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You do not need to worry much as this problem arises for all students during this period as this decision or selection of stream for further studies is the career deciding decision.

You just need to be calm and think towards your personal strength and interest about the selection of stream as there would be lots of suggestions would be coming from elders and other sources which would make you more confusing. But the decision must be yours as it is you who have to study and suffer if the option goes wrong.

From the career opportunities point of view yes science stream has better career opportunities when you compare with that of commerce but it do have good options in the business field. So once again I would like to suggest you that go for the option for which you personally feel confident and secured.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?