17th March 2017, 04:35 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects should I choose in class 11th to become an air hostess?

I am a student who equally like all subjects, but i don’t want engineering or medical. I would like biotechnology or microbiology, but is there any scope for it in Kerala. I am Harman Gill. I am studying in police DAV public school in 10th and I want to became an air hostess. So, kindly tell about subject for taking on 11th and 12th standard and percentage too?

17th March 2017, 08:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose in class 11th to become an air hostess?

To become air hostess there is not compulsion to choose a particular stream in your 11th standard. You can choose science, commerce or Arts stream as per your interest because all stream students are eligible to apply for Air hostess training. You just have to follow the eligibility criteria:

The candidate must have minimum qualification of 12th standard.

Age should not be more than 25 years.

Height should be above 5 foot 4 inches.

Candidate must have very good communication skills.

Humble and politeness are the characters must hold by the candidate.

Good personality.
17th March 2017, 08:10 PM
AshitaBanerjee

Default Re: Which subjects should I choose in class 11th to become an air hostess?

For becoming and air hostess you not need any special subject to specialize in. In fact after you 12th you may join air hostess/ aviation training schools like Frankfin etc. They will groom you and give you proper training and placement too. the eligibility to become a air hostess is 10+2 actually but an aviation course will make your job guaranteed.
17th March 2017, 09:09 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

In order to pursue Air Hostess course, you can opt any of the stream in class 11th.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th in any discipline from a recognised Board with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to apply for Air hostess course.
17th March 2017, 10:21 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

There is no such subject or stream criteria in 11th or 12th standard to become an air hostess. You can choose any subject in 11th standard, but make sure you have English as one of your subject. After completing 12th standard you will be eligible to apply for air hostess training, but if you do graduation then you will get more priority. So, there is nothing to worry about, you can choose any subject and any stream to become an air hostess.
18th March 2017, 01:24 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a student who equally like all subjects, but i don’t want engineering or medical. I would like biotechnology or microbiology, but is there any scope for it in Kerala. I am Harman Gill. I am studying in police DAV public school in 10th and I want to became an air hostess. So, kindly tell about subject for taking on 11th and 12th standard and percentage too?

You can choose any group which consists of English in 11th to become an air hostess. The English and Hindi proficiency is a must to become an air hostess. After completion of 12th you can pursue any degree or you can study a diploma course in the air hostess training academies to become an air hostess. In addition to educational qualification, there are other requirements are necessary to become an air hostess. You should be at least 157 cm in height and should have weight in proportion to height. Your age should be less than 27 years and you should hold an Indian passport. You should have a good health and perfect eyesight. You should speak English and Hindi fluently to become an air hostess. You should be unmarried to become an air hostess. You should have pleasing personality and positive attitude.
18th March 2017, 04:42 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

No matter from which subjects you have done your 11th or 12th. You just need a qualification 12th class for Air hostess job. You can do your 12th with anyone subjects according to your choice. There is no such a restriction towards.

Eligibility criteria for Air Hostess :-

The candidate who have completed diploma/ degree in hotel management or tourism management get preferences.

The minimum age limit is 19 years and maximum age limit is 25 years.

Should have minimum height of 157.5 centimetre.

Should have weight proportion to height.

Should be unmarried.

Normal eyesight 6/6 uncorrected in both eyes.

Should hold an Indian passport.

Fair to clear complexion

Good health / physical fit

Pleasing personality

Languages proficiency

Good communication skills.
18th March 2017, 06:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can opt for any stream at class 11th, if your aim is to become an Air Hostess. The only thing that matters in such job is communication skills and personality. Those who have knowledge of foreign languages, have greater chance of getting selected for such job.

Hence, make sure you have good English language skills and any other foreign language skill will be added advantage. In addition to all these, you need to have pleasing personality with an aptitude to serve people.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?