21st November 2015, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

What course should my son choose with 48% marks in 10th?

After passing 10th with 48% school principal rejected application for science as a result my son has to leave the school and joined lower grade school with science as a main subject. After 2nd attempt also he got compartment in maths this year. He has appeared for nios also and he has less hope in getting through due to poor performance of chemistry paper. Now please guide me what course he should try for?

21st November 2015, 01:35 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What course should my son choose with 48% marks in 10th?

I would like to suggest you that , you should take admission to your child in Arts stream in 11th and 12th.

This stream has very good opportunities after 12th.
I am sure your child can improve himself in this stream. Give him a chance. After 12th, he can go for BCA, MCA , BA etc.

Or your child can go for any diploma course after tenth in private College.
21st November 2015, 01:38 PM
manjunath.m.nerti

If you given every perticular subject marks then it is easy to answer, ok your sun scored 48% in 10th it shows that he was not giving more interest on study therefore better you join him for a technical courses like ITI, Diploma, NTTF. IN These courses practical will be more. for other courses like science, comerce, arts we have to read more.
21st November 2015, 01:40 PM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

48% marks in 10th standard is really a very poor score that is the reason why he is facing such problems in higher secondary.
Anyhow, if he has taken admission in science stream from any school then he should continue in the same as changing the stream will cost him a year that is he have to take admission in 11th standard again which seems to be a dumb idea.
So, you must encourage him to continue his study in science stream and if possible try to provide him home tuition or coaching classes outside of school in the subject he is poor and also encourage him all the time to create interest in these subjects to get good marks.

So, try to provide best possible facilities to create interest in studying so that he can understand everything he studied.
If possible give him a break of 2-3 weeks from study and ask to take a fresh start after that which will help him a lot to score good marks in further examination as
Everyone need to fight against the challenges comes to him, not to leave that and choose other way as challenge is everywhere.

Also, the problem of your son can not be finished by changing stream in higher secondary as students need to labor hard in each and every stream to get better result and if they do not do so, they will fail to secure even pass marks to continue their higher studies.
22nd November 2015, 12:52 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

He should better start studying a bit, that is all that he can do for now as changing boards will not help him further unless and until he gives up this habit of not paying any heed towards studies.

You should better try to make him understand the importance of education and devote some time after him behind his studies, as that is all that you can do and don't worry I am sure he will study sincerely if guided properly, he just needs a bit more guidance.
23rd November 2015, 01:17 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

After passing class 10th with 48% of marks, your son should take Arts stream in class 11th and 12th. This stream also has a good scope in future. After completing class 12th, he can pursue Graduation in BA stream and after that can opt MA as Master's Degree course.
19th May 2020, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

can I do fashion designing after 10th pass with 48%
5th June 2020, 06:17 PM
HGK7

He should take the best course available in his school acc to his marks and preferrence.
14th May 2023, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

Can I stream commerce in 48%
27th May 2023, 02:07 PM
eduking

Your son can apply for an ITI diploma in the trade of his choice if he is not interested in studying commerce or science or arts. Such diploma courses will help him learn skills that are in heavy demand these days because of the manual nature of work needed these days. The jobs are plenty in such fields where a person is skilled in an ITI trade like electrician, fitter, mechanic, etc. Just make sure he gets admission at a good place where practical training is given.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?