15th August 2016, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Should I revert my child from Class 1 to KG?

My son was 5 years 3 months when I admitted him in Class 1 in ICSE board this year. But it seems he is finding it difficult to cope up with his studies. I am confused whether to revert him to KG or to continue in Class 1.

Related Questions:
15th August 2016, 04:43 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I revert my child from Class 1 to KG?

Yes, it is a right decision to revert your child from class 1 to KG. As you have mentioned that he is finding it difficult to cope up with his studies, in that case it's better to revert him to KG so that he can get a chance to revise the whole syllabus again or he may continue in 1st standard but, for that he has to work hard in order to gain proper of the syllabus.

No matter he will loose a year but, ultimately he will be the gainer at the end of the year.
15th August 2016, 05:31 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I revert my child from Class 1 to KG?

No, there is no need to revert your child from Class I to Kindergarten even if he is finding it difficult to cope up with studies. You need to additional steps like tutoring, taking care of his studies and teaching him to do homework regularly, etc.,. By doing these things, the child can improve and he will able to cope up with studies. If you revert back him to KG from Class I, his one academic year will be wasted and it is not sure that even if you revert him to KG and then to Class I there may be a chance of same situation. SO, the best way is not to revert him back to KG from Class I.
17th August 2016, 01:59 AM
Sagar Awasthi
Junior Member+

Smile Re: Should I revert my child from Class 1 to KG?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
My son was 5 years 3 months when I admitted him in Class 1 in ICSE board this year. But it seems he is finding it difficult to cope up with his studies. I am confused whether to revert him to KG or to continue in Class 1.
No, there is no need to revert your son to KG. It is just like wasting his year unneccessarily. Also the decision of reverting can put a bad impact on him. His friends might make fun of him and this can become even more worst. If he find some problems to cope up with his studies then you should take care of him by giving some extra efforts on his studies. You can provide him tuitions and also make sure that he is doing his homework daily. You need to give attention to his studies only. He will surely score good marks.

Good luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?