24th October 2016, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

What to study after 10th to join Indian navy force?

I am in 10th class with PSEB board. I want to join Indian navy force. So please tell me what I have to do in next classes and what courses are available for direct admission?
With Regard
Thanks.

24th October 2016, 08:14 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to study after 10th to join Indian navy force?

You need to pursue PCM in 10+2 to become an Officer in Indian Navy.

The eligibility to appear for the NDA examination for the recruitment as Navy officer is that the candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board. Candidate's must have PCM as main paper and age limit is between 16.5-19.5 years. Only male candidates are eligible.

So, you can appear the examination and after qualifying in the entrance examination eligible for recruitment in Navy. For more information visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
24th October 2016, 08:21 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your 10th standard, you have to pursue your higher studies in 11th and 12th standard Non-Medical stream from a recognised board to join Indian Navy. To join Indian Navy, you have to appear in NDA examination conducted by UPSC twice a year. Since, you have completed 10th standard from PSEB Board, you need to pursue 11th and 12th standard with Non-Medical Science stream from a recognised board to be eligible to appear in Indian Navy to join Indian Navy.
24th October 2016, 09:21 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

For joining the Indian Navy as an officer, you need to clear the SSB interview i.e. Service Selection Board which is one of the most scientifically designed in the world.

Anyone who is a graduate from any recognized university of India is eligible for the SSB.

However, Engineers have an edge in the Navy but that too is just because there are more entries for the Engineers in the armed forces.

So, it would be better from you to study Maths and Physics well in the school to get into the Indian Navy.
24th October 2016, 09:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You must opt for physics, chemistry and maths, if you are interested in Indian navy. After passing class 12th with this stream, you will be eligible for exams like Navy SSR as well as NDA&NA exam for Indian Navy.

Selection will be based on the performance in written exam and physical fitness test. In case of officers post, there will be SSB interview too.
25th October 2016, 02:22 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You should opt for PCM after completion of your 10th board examination and after completion of your 12th board examination, you can appear for 12th NDA examination , upon clearing what you can get admission in Indian Navy.

Your age should be in between 16.5-19.5 years.
25th October 2016, 02:08 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am in 10th class with PSEB board. I want to join Indian navy force. So please tell me what I have to do in next classes and what courses are available for direct admission?
With Regard
Thanks.
After completion of 10th standard, you can do 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics to Indian Navy through NDA exam.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam.

Candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
15th November 2016, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

I am studying in 12th standard and of sixteen only and I want to join indian navy in order to serve the nation .Plz guide me .And tell me what process must be done to join navy?
16th November 2016, 09:42 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am studying in 12th standard and of sixteen only and I want to join indian navy in order to serve the nation .Plz guide me .And tell me what process must be done to join navy?
What is your stream in 12th? You can apply in the Indian navy if you have Physics,Chemistry & Maths as your subjects in 12th. When you check the advertisement of the Indian Navy for 12th standard they ask for PCM & for graduate level either B.Tech or B.E. In a very rare case they ask to apply for a commerce candidates. So,check the details before applying.
7th March 2017, 07:08 PM
Unregistered

Can V take commerce after 10 and do the NDA late
It's it necessary/compulsory to tke PCM
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?