5th April 2015, 02:12 AM
Unregistered

How can I join Indian Navy after completing 10th CBSE?

Friends,
I am studying in 10th CBSE. In
9th I got 99.2%. I am willing to join
Indian Navy. Kindly show me the path.
After my 10th what should I do for joining
Indian Navy? Thank you.

9th April 2015, 08:15 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: How can I join Indian Navy after completing 10th CBSE?

After completing 10th standard, you are not eligible to apply for Indian Navy. To apply for Indian Navy, you should have completed Intermediate with Physics and Mathematics as mandatory subjects from a recognized School or equivalent qualification. You must have attained the age of 16.5 years and must not have attained the age of 19 years. The age limits differs from examination to examination. Only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply. So, first finish your intermediate. After competing intermediate, you are eligible to apply for Indian Navy Examination.

Indian Navy Examination are:

-> NDA & NA Examination
-> 10+2 Technical Entry Scheme
-> SSR Examination
-> AA Examination
9th April 2015, 09:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To join in Indian Navy after completion of your 10th standard, you need to pursue your 11th and 12th standards from a recognised board and then, you need to appear in NDA examination. The NDA examination is conducted by UPSC twice a year and the eligibility criteria required to appear in NDA examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have attained the minimum age of 16 1/2 years and must have not crossed the maximum age of 19 years.

3. You must have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics and Physics subjects from a recognised board.

4. You must be an Unmarried Male candidate

5. You must be Physically and Mentally fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC NDA examination notification.

By qualifying the NDA examination written test, you will be called for personal interview and medical test. By qualifying in all the rounds of NDA examination, you are eligible to join in Indian Navy.
10th April 2015, 01:31 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

To join in Indian Navy you need to attend the NDA Exam. For attending the NDA exam you need to satisfy the following criteria.

1. You must have completed 10+2 with PCM as a major subjects.

2. Your age must be between 16.5 to 19 years.

3. You must be unmarried male candidate.

4. Your height and weight must not less than 57 cm and 42 kgs.

So you need to complete your XII standard to attend the NDA examination. If you meet the above eligibility than you can apply for Indian Navy.
10th April 2015, 01:54 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Friends,
I am studying in 10th CBSE. In
9th I got 99.2%. I am willing to join
Indian Navy. Kindly show me the path.
After my 10th what should I do for joining
Indian Navy? Thank you.
No, 10th standard candidates are not eligible for Indian Navy exam but 12th standard candidates are eligible for Indian Navy exam through NDA exam.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

1.Written test
2.Physical test
3.Medical
4.Interview

Written test is conducted by UPSC but other 3 steps are conducted by SSB.

NDA stands for National Defence Service exam. NDA Examination is conducted for 3 wings-Indian Air Force, Indian Navy and Indian Army.

The candidates who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19 years. There is no age relaxation for SC/ST candidates.
10th April 2015, 11:24 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to join Indian Navy right after 10th class.
To join Indian navy you have to pass your 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics and apply for NDA Exam.

First of all pass your 12th class with physics and mathematics from any recognised board.

NDA stands for National Defence Academy.

Educational Qualification for Indian Navy through NDA:
Candidate must have passed 12th class with physicss and maths as compulsory subjects from any recognised board or equivalent

Age Limit :
Age of candidate must be from 16-1/2 - 19 Years

Nationality :
Candidate must be citizen of India.

Sex and Marital status :
Candidate must be unmarried male.

*Students appearing in 12th class are also eligible for NDA, they have to submit proof of passing 12th class examination by date specified in Commission’s Notice for the Examination.

Please find the attachment for more details about exam pattern and syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf NDA.pdf(105.8 KB, 56 views)
11th April 2015, 12:21 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible for INDIAN NAVY now, because the minimum qualification required for this exam is 12th standard from a recognized university.

However, If you want to join in INDIAN NAVY you ned to apply for the NDA exam this exam is conducted by the UPSC twice a year.

ELIGIBILITY:

> Candidate should have completed his 12th standard from a recognized university.

> Age limit for this exam should be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

> Candidate should be a citizen of india.

> Only unmarried male candidates are applicable

SELECTION PROCESS:

> Written exam

> Interview

> Medical test

For more information, open the link mentioned below;

http://http://www.upsc.gov.in/
11th April 2015, 08:13 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Sorry you cannot join Indian Navy having done your 10th only as the minimum qualification for Indian Navy is 12th with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as your main subjects from a recognized school/college .

So in order to join Indian Navy you should first complete your 12th with above subjects and then you will have to go through NDA examination.

For NDA examination the required qualifications are as given below :-

Age limit :- Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years .

Martial Status :- You must be unmarried .

Educational qualification :- Same as mentioned in top paragraph .

NDA examination is conducted twice every year by union public service commission in the month of April known as NDA II and once in the month of September called as NDA II usually .

NDA has three wings which are Indian Navy , Indian Air force and Indian army.

The examination is taken into two phases which are written examination and SSB interview for which you will be called if you qualify the written examination .

For further information refer to official website of U.P.S.C.

i.e; www.upsc.gov.in .
14th April 2015, 12:10 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

There is not any provision to apply for NDA exam after 10th exam.The minimum qualification required to apply is 12th class.So,you are not eligible to apply for the NDA exam at this time.

NDA stands for National Defense Academy.UPSC conducts NDA exam twice a year with the name NDA I and NDA II for recruitment in different wings of Indian Army.

NDA has three wings;

Indian Military Academy

Indian Naval Academy

Indian Air Force Academy.

The eligibility criteria required to join Indian Navy are as under:-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

-The candidate should have completed 12th class of 10+2 pattern of education system with Physics,Chemistry and Mathematics.

-The candidate age should be in between 16.5 years to 19 years.

-Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the exam.Girls are not allowed to join NDA.

-The selection process involves written examination followed by personal interview by Service Selection Board.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?